Photo
- - - - -

I don't blame Steve Smith...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Steve Smith would be stupid to want to bail out of the Panthers right when they are about bring in Cam Newton. Trust me, Cam is going to electrify the Panthers team, the city of Charlotte and Panther fans around the country.

Yeah....if I were a WR in the waning years of my career, all I would want is a project QB that everyone agrees wil lnot be ready to see the field for at least a year or two.

Damn people, another rookie QB is NOT what he wants. He wants a vet starting QB that is ready to lead this team NOW.

#26 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

You don't see how screwed up that belief is?

As one of the few veterans left on the team, it's not alright to act like a complete dick and bully to a rookie qb. Throwing his hands up, jumping up and down, yelling because the ball didn't come his way, in the middle of the games, is , in fact , a temper tantrum.

Nevermind Clausen, what is any rookie qb going to do against that with a player of Smith's history? Stand up to Smith and risk getting his nose bashed in, or worse? How is that going to go toward a rookie Qbs credibility when it comes to leading a huddle , when he's getting the hell beat out of him by a wr?

I love me some #89, he's still my favorite Panther, but, I'm not letting that blind me anymore to what a dick Smith can be. Others can excuse and look past it by saying "Oh, that's okay, he's just a competitive player".

The fact is Smith could not reach Newtons nose so Problem solved!!! He would have to give him a swift shot to the ankle.

#27 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

The fact is Smith could not reach Newtons nose so Problem solved!!! He would have to give him a swift shot to the ankle.

Or when he is sitting or kneeling down :cool:

#28 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

Throwing his hands up, jumping up and down, yelling because the ball didn't come his way, in the middle of the games, is , in fact , a temper tantrum.

Oh my God please don't throw your hands up! Oh no, not the yelling! he's YELLING OMFG WHAT IS POOR JIMMY GOING TO DO WITH SOMEONE YELLING AT HIM. SOMEONE GET HIM HIS BLANKY....

these are grown ass men playing a grown ass sport. I could see if he jumped all up and down his ass, rode him, berated him, or went overboard with it. But you never saw Smitty do more than a brief demonstration of his frustration. And I never heard a mic'd up with Smitty saying "fug you Jimmy for not getting me the ball". I saw plays where he threw his hands up because he was wide open and wasn't thrown to. That's what ALL WRs do. That seemed to me to be more frustration with an abysmal offense and a sinking ship than "just get me the ball because I need my numbers" attitude. They seemed to me more like "come on, we had an opportunity to score our first TD in 3 games and you didn't even look at me..." gesture.

#29 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

I could see if he jumped all up and down his ass, and rode him,

Thats actually what Jimmy calls "Locker Room Fun Time"

#30 Jpjr

Jpjr

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

Steve Smith would be stupid to want to bail out of the Panthers right when they are about bring in Cam Newton. Trust me, Cam is going to electrify the Panthers team, the city of Charlotte and Panther fans around the country.

But will Cam Newton be running or threading darts into double coverage so that Smitty can score lots of touchdowns?

It's very obvious why he wants out... stats. I'm not blaming him just saying I think him leaving is a good thing for the team especially if they want Cam Newton to start on a clean slate.

#31 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

You guys don't know for a fact that Steve bullied Clausen. That's speculating. Plus we just learned that Clausen ignored coaching. That's probably why he threw it out of bounds all the time like a chicken sh1t. Hell I would be pissed too if I was trying to get open every play only to have my QB puss out and check it down or throw it away.

You didn't see him complain to Moore.

#32 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:47 AM

It's very obvious why he wants out... stats. I'm not blaming him just saying I think him leaving is a good thing for the team especially if they want Cam Newton to start on a clean slate.

:banghead:

#33 Jpjr

Jpjr

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

Oh my God please don't throw your hands up! Oh no, not the yelling! he's YELLING OMFG WHAT IS POOR JIMMY GOING TO DO WITH SOMEONE YELLING AT HIM. SOMEONE GET HIM HIS BLANKY....

these are grown ass men playing a grown ass sport. I could see if he jumped all up and down his ass, rode him, berated him, or went overboard with it. But you never saw Smitty do more than a brief demonstration of his frustration. And I never heard a mic'd up with Smitty saying "fug you Jimmy for not getting me the ball". I saw plays where he threw his hands up because he was wide open and wasn't thrown to. That's what ALL WRs do. That seemed to me to be more frustration with an abysmal offense and a sinking ship than "just get me the ball because I need my numbers" attitude. They seemed to me more like "come on, we had an opportunity to score our first TD in 3 games and you didn't even look at me..." gesture.

Actually, it was exactly a "just get me the ball because I need my numbers" attitude.

If it was about Clausen's rookie season he wouldn't be leaving because a new QB will be coming to town.

#34 Jpjr

Jpjr

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

You guys don't know for a fact that Steve bullied Clausen. That's speculating. Plus we just learned that Clausen ignored coaching. That's probably why he threw it out of bounds all the time like a chicken sh1t. Hell I would be pissed too if I was trying to get open every play only to have my QB puss out and check it down or throw it away.

You didn't see him complain to Moore.

Who cares about Clausen?

Steve Smith leaving has nothing to do with Clausen. In all likelyhood there will be a new rookie QB runnning the show this year... that is why he is leaving. He wants to play with a veteran, fair enough.

#35 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Actually, it was exactly a "just get me the ball because I need my numbers" attitude.

If it was about Clausen's rookie season he wouldn't be leaving because a new QB will be coming to town.

Well I'm glad you're so sure that you know things you couldn't possibly know. Care to get me some winning lottery numbers?

#36 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

The Smith wanting numbers thing is bullshit. If he makes this move it's because he wants a ring, not stats. He is a douche but I'm pretty sure he only got mad that he wasn't getting thrown to because he knows he can be a game changer.