Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In or Out

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Every couple days we will switch conferences, eventually winding up with the mid-majors. These are just the "bubble" teams.

Let's start with the ACC

Florida State 20-6 (7-4) RPI - 18 SOS - 30

Miami 15-10 (4-8) RPI - 49 SOS - 11

Boston College 19-8 (7-5) RPI - 50 SOS - 46

Virginia Tech 16-9 (6-5) RPI - 55 SOS - 64

Maryland 16-9 (5-6) RPI - 63 SOS - 49

I think that FSU, Miami, and Va Tech will end up in the tourny. Don't see any way Maryland makes the tournament. I want BC to make it, just to what Rice would do in the tourny.

Posted

Gotta see how the ACC tournament pans out

Posted

BC has alot going for them. they'll probably get in off the strength of the UNC and Duke victories

Posted

Gotta see how the ACC tournament pans out

Obviously, but we are just talking about right now. If the season ended today who would be in and who would be out.

Posted

VT sure are making things hard on themselves right now, and I am thinking the Charlotte upset over Xavier doesn't help them either

Posted

VT and FSU have very tough schedules remaining. I think FSU gets in if they can win at least half of their remaining games, but I am not so sure about VT. But winning at Wake does look good on VT's resume.

Posted

VT and FSU have very tough schedules remaining. I think FSU gets in if they can win at least half of their remaining games, but I am not so sure about VT. But winning at Wake does look good on VT's resume.

so did beating Duke and Carolina in the same year a few years back.....VT's problem is they beat teams you would have never put money on them to win, then they loose to team they should handily beat (ex. Georgia, Virginia, Seaton Hall) I think if they loose one more game they are out if they aren't already out

Posted

It's gonna be tough for Miami to get in with a 4-8 conference record. The NCAA rarely puts a team in if they don't have a winning record in-conference and that record is atrocious.

Posted

Southern Conference:

The obvious favorite is Davidson. The SoCon will only get one team in this year. I wish it was Charleston, but I could see App State or even the Citadel making the upset...

Posted

va tech = done. they would have to win atleast 3 out of 4 now, and 2 more in the acc tourny :(

Posted

Big East:

West Virginia [19-8 (8-6), RPI: 14, SOS: 6]

Syracuse [19-8 (7-7), RPI: 19, SOS: 17]

Georgetown [14-11 (5-9), RPI: 44, SOS: 2]

Cincinnati [17-10 (7-7), RPI: 55, SOS: 22]

Notre Dame [15-11 (6-8), RPI: 70, SOS: 54]

Providence [16-11 (8-7), RPI: 75, SOS: 47]

WVU, 'Cuse, and possibly Cincy. Can't see G'Twon in after tonight's loss, ND won't keep it up, and Providence just isn't good enough.