Photo
- - - - -

Now that Iran has enough enriched

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Take all their embassy employees in Washington hostage.

If they actually had an embassy. Maybe thats why Obama is in Canada, to scope out the Iranian embassy there.

#17 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

Yes I'm sure that their intentions are as pure as the driven snow...

is this all you have?

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,347 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

Are all conservatives scared to f*cking death of a country we can squish with our thumb any time we want? Pathetic.

I'm certainly not scared of Iran, and it is true that we could squish them if we wanted, but what I'm most scared of is the liberals that now run our government not wanting to do anything but talk and play nice with all the bad guys out there.

is this all you have?

Fiz, dude, grow up... there's no point in arguing with you about this or anything else. You see the good in all the actions of everyone out there EXCEPT the United States. That is your right as an American, but I don't have to agree with it.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

If I was Iran and could build a bomb, I would.

Hell, if I was the Dominican Republic and I could, I would.

We all go on about how we need to have a strong military in the US in order to maintain respect, yet get scared because other nations feel the same way.

Iran's main antagonists are the preeminent nuclear power, and a definite nuclear power. Like India and Pakistan, that is a balance that WILL be addressed.

It was the US that let the genie out of the bottle; hell, I can't believe it's taken these people 60 + years to duplicate our efforts.

#20 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

We all go on about how we need to have a strong military in the US in order to maintain respect, yet get scared because other nations feel the same way.

Iran's main antagonists are the preeminent nuclear power, and a definite nuclear power. Like India and Pakistan, that is a balance that WILL be addressed.

It was the US that let the genie out of the bottle; hell, I can't believe it's taken these people 60 + years to duplicate our efforts.

Scared, or just concerned? Big difference. If you were Israel would you trust nukes in the hands of Iran?

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

I don't care. Thats Israels problem. If they had not gotten the bomb, its very, very likely that Iran would not be nearly as interested in getting one for themselves.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

If by definitel nuclear power, you mean Israel, then I disagree. Israel was not a potential enemy of Iran, until Iran started making threatening communications towards Israel. Israel's ability to attack Iran was severly limited due to geography, and except for the Iranian president's lunatic ravings, the thought of a Iran/Israel conflict wouldn't even occur. That problem was brought on by Iran and Iran only.

If Iran has a nuclear concern, it should be Pakistan, and the potential that the Taliban (a sunni organization) might gain power there and be a threat to Shia Iran.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I don't care who started it, it is what it is. Iran started threatening communications for internal political reasons, just like Hugo Chavez. Big freaking deal.

But your point is well taken concerning Pakistan, and shows that there are indeed valid understandable reasons for Iran to want the bomb.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

If Iran gets the bomb, then the Saudis are going to want the thing. Then we are looking at a nuclear powder keg in the Persian gulf, and if one goes off, we would see an economic crisis that would make the current problems look trivial by comparison.

#25 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,347 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map. I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map. I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

God help us all if someone nukes Israel. Jesus H.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

Fiz, dude, grow up... there's no point in arguing with you about this or anything else. You see the good in all the actions of everyone out there EXCEPT the United States. That is your right as an American, but I don't have to agree with it.

do you understand how argumentation works?

iran is already arguably the most powerful country in the world. it could completely shut down any oil from leaving the persian gulf if it wanted to. it could cripple the worlds economy, and assuming you know anything about the way food is grown and transported in this country (which you likely don't), it could starve the united states. there'd be very little the US navy could do to stop this.

there is no reason at all for iran to develop nukes. it's already going broke importing gasoline for its people since it doesn't have refining capabilities. there is no evidence at all that they're using the enriched uranium to build weapons. their only other option for power is russia, and if you follow world news at all (which you probably don't) you can be sure that people don't want to be stuck to russia's teat.

do you have a specific response to any of these assertions? do you have any facts at all? do you have anything to bring to the table besides a worthless ad hominem?

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

That's the big problem with these arab countries having nukes in my opinion is that although there are other crazies out there with nukes (see N. Korea) none of them have sworn to wipe Israel off the map.

yeah this never happened.

the phrase "Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad" was intentionally mistranslated by an israeli english language newspaper founded by a former member of Mossad. you know what that means right?

what he really was doing was quoting someone saying they would wipe out the israeli regime from the pages of history, which is quite f*cking different than "wipe israel off the map." Nagsheh, which means map, isn't even in what he said. you were lied to and it's your fault because you believed it.

by any definition at all applied without any biases israel is a terrorist actor in the region. the people are trying right now to elect a party (likud) that likely committed war crimes. Netanyahu wants to expel arabs from the country, and they've already tried to strip away the rights of arab parties to participate in parliament.

it's an apartheid state and he was justified in wanting to get rid of their government. everyone who truly wants a peaceful middle east should want to get rid of the current israeli politicians, just like wanting to get rid of bush and his band of merry idiots.

I don't doubt for one minute that there are arab governements or factions of those governments that would gladly risk the fallout (no pun intended) of a nuclear attack on Israel that could ignite the whole world.

please name which arab government you think would like to wipe out themselves just to get in a shot at israel?

#29 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,347 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

do you understand how argumentation works?

iran is already arguably the most powerful country in the world. it could completely shut down any oil from leaving the persian gulf if it wanted to. it could cripple the worlds economy, and assuming you know anything about the way food is grown and transported in this country (which you likely don't), it could starve the united states. there'd be very little the US navy could do to stop this.

there is no reason at all for iran to develop nukes. it's already going broke importing gasoline for its people since it doesn't have refining capabilities. there is no evidence at all that they're using the enriched uranium to build weapons. their only other option for power is russia, and if you follow world news at all (which you probably don't) you can be sure that people don't want to be stuck to russia's teat.

do you have a specific response to any of these assertions? do you have any facts at all? do you have anything to bring to the table besides a worthless ad hominem?

Like I said Fiz, there is no point in arguing with you... you already have your assumptions made up about me and anyone else on here that disagrees with anything you say. You don't know me, don't know what I know or don't know, but you assume to.

#30 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

then here's your chance to prove me wrong. Show us all what you know.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com