#76 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

I can buy that, although I think Minesweeping assets have already been forward deployed to the area, so that might cut the time some.

one day and the price is expected to go up to 200 dollars a barrel. after a week that would probably be doubled. None the less, even if Iran lost it's effect would be catastrophic. at 79 per barrel gas was around 3.20 or so on average in the country. your talking about at least gas prices after the first night of the blockade being in the 9 dollar a gallon range. After a week your looking at around 15 - 20 dollars a gallon. Keep in mind around 20 - 30 percent of our oil comes from there. That's a huge hit. This country would come to a stall after a week and a half - two weeks.

Edited by carpanfan96, 21 February 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#77 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,315 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

one day and the price is expected to go up to 200 dollars a barrel. after a week that would probably be doubled. None the less, even if Iran lost it's effect would be catastrophic.

The scenario you describe is exactly what the strategic petroleum reserve was created for. If Iran takes this path, I think we would see the oil reservers being released in order to maintain supplies until the Straits could be reopened. The US could supply the 9-12 million barrels per day for up to 60 days. Not that the situation wouldn't be bad, it definitely would be. But I don't think it would be catastrophic.

#78 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Deac do you have any idea how much the Saudi royal family is worth? I'm legitimately asking...I have no idea. I bet the figure would be mind boggling.

#79 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,315 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

I take that back, the situation would be completely catastrophic, for Iran. Shutting down the straits in this manner would likely mean US and allied airstrikes that would take out a significant portion of their military capacity (including those nukes) along with a Naval blockade that would likely choke off their military imports and perhaps their own oil exports as well. It would also invoke a tremendous amount of hostility from Iran's neighbors. I doubt Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc... would be very happy with them. They might even join in military operations against Iran.

#80 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,315 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Deac do you have any idea how much the Saudi royal family is worth? I'm legitimately asking...I have no idea. I bet the figure would be mind boggling.

Who knows? But the royal family is huge, so it would be hard to quantify.

#81 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Who knows? But the royal family is huge, so it would be hard to quantify.

I know that they practically keep the horse racing business alive all by themselves. Pouring money into a dying sport.

#82 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

latest news I could find on the bomb report. LINK

other news with Iran and the US. LINK

worry in the middle east LINK

Iran waiting to see Obama's policy. LINK

Edited by carpanfan96, 21 February 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#83 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

On nuclear disarment involving russia. LINK

Mr. Obama should reaffirm the pledge made by Secretaries of State Cyrus R. Vance and Warren M. Christopher — reversed by President George W. Bush — that the United States will not use nuclear weapons against nonnuclear nations. He should promise that the United States will never use nuclear weapons first, even against nuclear powers. And he should renounce a new generation of “usable” nuclear weapons.

We have driven the arms race; we must end it.

#84 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

Iran Upgrading Military Arsenal through Connections with Russia. LINK

#85 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

Just to give you an idea.

Prince al Walid - 22 billion

Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud travels round the world with little concern for his safety. He is worth $20 billion; he is the eight wealthiest person in the world. He owns part of everything—a chunk of Citicorp, a piece of Apple Computer, a large share of Euro Disney.

King Fahd - 30 billion before he died.

now it's probably worth more then that and in the hands of King Abdullah

Based upon how big the family tree is and that most of the members of the family are billionaires, I think it's safe to assume the family as total is worth well over a trillion dollars considering what they own and that they have lucrative contracts with almost every major government in the world. This is just a bit of what they control and have there hands in.

co-mingling of personal & state funds from lucrative government positions
- huge land allocations
- direct allotments of crude oil to sell in the open market
- segmental controls in the economy
- special preferences for the award of major contracts
- outright cash handouts
- astronomical monthly allowances

#86 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Just think, if Clinton had thought it more important to have alternative fuel for cars and houses, instead of making everybody switch to digital TV. We would be 10 years closer to not needing the middle east. But NO, making sure I could see and hear the weather channel better. That was more important.

#87 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

Just to give you an idea.

Prince al Walid - 22 billion

Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud travels round the world with little concern for his safety. He is worth $20 billion; he is the eight wealthiest person in the world. He owns part of everything—a chunk of Citicorp, a piece of Apple Computer, a large share of Euro Disney.

King Fahd - 30 billion before he died.

now it's probably worth more then that and in the hands of King Abdullah

Based upon how big the family tree is and that most of the members of the family are billionaires, I think it's safe to assume the family as total is worth well over a trillion dollars considering what they own and that they have lucrative contracts with almost every major government in the world. This is just a bit of what they control and have there hands in.

co-mingling of personal & state funds from lucrative government positions
- huge land allocations
- direct allotments of crude oil to sell in the open market
- segmental controls in the economy
- special preferences for the award of major contracts
- outright cash handouts
- astronomical monthly allowances

Freaking amazing.

#88 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Freaking amazing.

yea that family has it's hands in everything from the stock market, banks and government contracts to horse racing and amusement park company's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.