Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Round 2 and 3 draft Thread.

1,081 posts in this topic

Posted

They are the same size!

Fua is 10 lbs bigger than McClain.

Posted

Doss would be interesting...

Posted

Sione Fua was defintely a reach where we got him... I re-affirmed that with several draft boards. That being said, I am glad he is a panther, and hope he can make an impact.

Maybe, but there's not much left at DT. We're desperate enough at DT to reach. I'm guessing Powe doesn't fit the scheme they want to install.

Posted

Good analysis, I'm sure he'll be Kemo's replacement, they do the same things well.

wrong JOAT you need to be 340 pounds and completely useless against the pass to be like KEMO. Just sit there and hug offensive linemen.

KEMO #1!!!!!!

Posted

We're not going to play Tampa-2 with a big whale at NT lol.

Posted

Doss would be interesting...

Yea, if we were to lose Smitty, Doss would be appealing. He's good, his hands area little suspect, he's basically another Lafell. I'm thinking more along the lines of Edmund Gates though. I'd want to replace our small speedy guy with another small speedy guy. We've already got two guys with solid size.

Posted

Yeah, gates is a bit quicker. I think I'd take either.

Posted

wrong JOAT you need to be 340 pounds and completely useless against the pass to be like KEMO. Just sit there and hug offensive linemen.

KEMO #1!!!!!!

Said it before and I'll say it now that he's gone, I had zero problem with Kemo. He was brought in to take up space, consume blockers and let our LB's do their thing and he did it well. He was the pinnacle of a one trick pony.

My problem is how much Hurneu paid him to do it.

Posted

Kemo didn't really fit our system once we switched to Tampa-2. Injury or not, I don't think he would have been back either way.

Posted

I don't know how I pied myself.

Posted

I really like the Sione Fua pick. Saw him play a lot last year. If there is no good CB they see with the 98 pick. I could see them going with Quan Sturdivant or Casey Matthews. I know they played ILB. They probably could play on the outside if we dont resign Davis or Anderson.