157 replies to this topic

#91 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

I wonder if I'll ever get used to you calling him Killa Cam, Millions. Always makes me do a bit of a double take, lol

He is going to take the simple gun that he has mentally loaded all off-season and kill all the other teams in the NFC South.

Killa Cam! Posted Image

#92 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'm assuming it may be a while before Cam is signed with the lockout back in effect. We would be stupid to sign him right now if there is the potential for a rookie salary cap to come into play with a new CBA.

#93 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Get to know Cam Newton

According to ESPN.com, a representative for Newton attempted to solicit payment from Mississippi State in return for his commitment to the Bulldogs. Newton had reportedly received offers from other schools for $200,000, but would have been willing to come to Mississippi State for a discount because that's where he preferred to play. Head coach Dan Mullen reportedly balked at the suggestion and Newton ended up at Auburn.

http://bleacherrepor...ually-justified

Two years ago--before all the Heisman Trophy talk and the stories about cash solicitations and alleged academic misconduct--Cameron Newton was copping to possessing a computer that was stolen from a fellow University of Florida student.

Newton, now the star quarterback at second-ranked Auburn University, was arrested in November 2008 and charged with grand theft, burglary, and obstructing justice in connection with the boosting of Paul Loschak’s Dell laptop. After Newton, now 21, admitted being in possession of the hot computer, he was placed into a pre-trial intervention program that ended last December with all charges against him being dropped.

http://www.thesmokin...me-laptop-thief

Posted Image

A person briefed on Newton’s situation confirmed Tuesday the FoxSports.com report a day earlier that Newton left the University of Florida after the fall semester in 2008 rather than face suspension or expulsion in part because of three instances of academic cheating.

In an attempt to deflect the notion that he left Florida as a sophomore because of the fallout from his arrest in the theft of a laptop computer in fall 2008, Newton has tied his departure to the return of Florida’s star quarterback, The Golden Calf of Bristol, for his senior season in 2009.

http://www.nytimes.c...uburn.html?_r=1

Hope this answers any questions, Skew.

Edit: Here's something from the victim of the laptop gate:

Paul Loschak harbors no ill will toward Heisman Trophy favorite Cam Newton, despite allegations that Newton stole Loschak's laptop in 2008.

Loschak just wishes Newton hadn't thrown the laptop out of a University of Florida residence hall window.

"I could have had my laptop back fully working. Instead I got a broken, cracked laptop ... with ‘Cam Newton' written on top," he said.

Loschak reported the laptop — valued at $1,700 — was stolen on Oct. 16, 2008, from his unlocked dorm room. A week later, he received an e-mail from UF telling him his Internet was being temporarily shut down for using the file-sharing program Limewire.

Loschak had bought a new laptop but hadn't installed Limewire, which can be used to illegally download music.

"That's when I knew that whoever had my computer was doing illegal stuff with it," he said.

http://www.ocala.com...ICLES/101219991

Edited by sylvianlight, 01 May 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#94 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,980 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

2 for 1.
2 of our 2011 draft picks here:

#95 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Get to know Cam Newton

http://bleacherrepor...ually-justified

http://www.thesmokin...me-laptop-thief

Posted Image

http://www.nytimes.c...uburn.html?_r=1

Hope this answers any questions, Skew.

Thank you, sylvianlight. I just don't understand why people get so upset and butthurt because I'm trying to "Get To Know Cam Newton". :(

#96 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

The Panthers have been predominately black for the entirety of their existence. If he was racist he would have never been in support of the team.

I don't know why the race issue ever comes up in the NFL. If anything you'd think people would worry about the few white guys on the teams and if they face any discrimination.

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 01 May 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#97 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Newton's Key To Success
http://espn.go.com/v...egoryid=2378529

#98 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

Can someone tell me where Cam was drafted. I need to know everything about him.

#99 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Can someone tell me where Cam was drafted. I need to know everything about him.

At Radio City Music Hall, Manhattan New York.

#100 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks, I am very lazy. What round did he go to and what team?

#101 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

the Camolina Camthers, first pick of the draft. Quite an accomplishment actually, all things considered. Hopefully just the first of many accomplishments in his pro career!

#102 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Who are the Camolina Camthers? Never heard of them. I thought we had first pick, but I'm too lazy to look. I figure you guys should compile all the information instead of me just adding any new info myself.

Edited by Lineman_Domination, 01 May 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#103 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Who are the Camolina Camthers? Never heard of them. I thought we had first pick, but I'm too lazy to look. I figure you guys should compile all the information instead of me just adding any new info myself.

:biggrin5:

#104 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

Well folks, it's been fun. I originally threw that line in the water to reel in KT (thanks for not disappointing me, by the way). I never expected to reel in so many other fish. I just played KT at his own game.

In case you didn't know, KT would go into every thread about other draft picks that were not about Newton and call everyone a racist who didn't want Newton. And also call everyone a racist when they brought up Newton's questionable character.

But here is what amused me the most. I just asked a legitimate question, and the name calling and personal attacks began. :lol: Anyone that actually knows me and has met me knows I love to fu(k with people. And I never take anyone serious in real life, much less on the internet, and I just laugh at anyone who takes me serious on the internet.

If any of you took me serious, and you know who you are, you should really take a good look at yourself when posting here. Kevin Green disappointed me. I thought he knew me better. Some of you are new and didn't know. And KT, well, he's shown his intelligence level here before, so I knew I could reel him in. Again, if what I said really bothered you, you can always put me on ignore, or take a good look at yourself.

But what really disappointed me was the personal attacks and name calling in the tags. To try and cowardly hide behind anonymous tag comments to attack me and call me names. Like saying I have a problem (Kevin Green), or calling me a racist (Tarheel23). And Ethered is not a word Millions. I guess you didn't have the balls to actually posts those comments in the thread under you name, but forgot I could see who made those comments in the tags.

For the record, I don't give a poo about Newton or what he did. And everyone that knows me, knows that's true. Sometimes it's just fun to stir the pot on you guys. But like I said, rival posters are going to bring up those things and I hope you guys handle those situations a little better than you did today.

Anyway, it's been fun. It was very amusing for a lazy Sunday afternoon. If you take one thing away from this experience, take this:

Seriously people, don't take yourselves so seriously.

#105 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Back to jail Skew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.