Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Car123

Round 5: WR Hawaii Kealoha Pilares

214 posts in this topic

I remember him now after watching the highlights of him shredding my Trojans :-/

I think he will end up being one of our best picks of the draft.

I don't know about y'all but everytime Pilares scores I'm yelling "ALOHA!!!!" Hopefully him and Newton will build a strong relationship from the start.

kealoha-pilares.jpg

richardson not going to like those tattoos! lol

I really thought we would take a linebacker and try to turn him into a WR. This is a total departure from the norm... WTF. :D

negatives,,, drops too many cachable passes....??? wtf?

Hmmm...I'm thinking we're gonna see some 4 wides with a TE as the 5th receiver, which is an awful lot like what Cam had at Auburn, except he will have much better WR's now.

have to wonder if proehl was in the draft room telling them to draft this guy lol

So on the first page one review says he catches with his hands, the other say's he's a body catcher. Which is it?

And I don't think I agree with average speed, 4.42 and the videos show him burning past guys.

I noticed that too.:confused:

I can't say that I am disappointed in Pilares assuming he doesn't have any knee problems going forward. He ran a 4.42 which is quick and looks good in the open field. I just think we could have gotten equivalent or better talent in the six with Dwayne Harris. He will be ever bit as good as Pilares and is a better returner. He ran a pretty slow time at the combine but improved it on his pro day down to between 4.44 and 4.38 by all accounts. He is excellent after the catch getting yards and is great in the open field. He is really hard to bring down and is a great returner. I hope Pilares is healthy and can contribute. I just don't know why we always take projects and guys with question marks at receiver. We need guys like Harris who isn't a guy who converted from another position and is still learning the position.

It does look like we are going to have an offense which will run whether by design or after the catch.