#136 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

he doesn't sound as mad at the world as smitty does though lol

that mega-sleeper article pointed out that this could be considered a pick that the smart teams like the colts/patriots make in the later rounds...we must of done our homework.

#137 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

I'd like to join you guys in the Pilares fan club. I've never heard of him til now, but I saw the pick and for some reason I can't stop being excited about it. As to the last statement, I do feel like this is the kind of pick the smart teams make in the late rounds. This Pilares fanboy club is awesome!!!

#138 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

I remember him now after watching the highlights of him shredding my Trojans :-/

I think he will end up being one of our best picks of the draft.

#139 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

I don't know about y'all but everytime Pilares scores I'm yelling "ALOHA!!!!" Hopefully him and Newton will build a strong relationship from the start.

#140 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

#141 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

richardson not going to like those tattoos! lol

#142 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

I really thought we would take a linebacker and try to turn him into a WR. This is a total departure from the norm... WTF. :D

#143 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

negatives,,, drops too many cachable passes....??? wtf?

#144 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Posted Image

he looks 16

#145 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hmmm...I'm thinking we're gonna see some 4 wides with a TE as the 5th receiver, which is an awful lot like what Cam had at Auburn, except he will have much better WR's now.

#146 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Panthers Phone Interview with Mr. Tiki Torch

http://www.panthers....3e-c25bcc670fe8

#147 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

have to wonder if proehl was in the draft room telling them to draft this guy lol

#148 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

So on the first page one review says he catches with his hands, the other say's he's a body catcher. Which is it?

And I don't think I agree with average speed, 4.42 and the videos show him burning past guys.

I noticed that too.:confused:

#149 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,642 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

I can't say that I am disappointed in Pilares assuming he doesn't have any knee problems going forward. He ran a 4.42 which is quick and looks good in the open field. I just think we could have gotten equivalent or better talent in the six with Dwayne Harris. He will be ever bit as good as Pilares and is a better returner. He ran a pretty slow time at the combine but improved it on his pro day down to between 4.44 and 4.38 by all accounts. He is excellent after the catch getting yards and is great in the open field. He is really hard to bring down and is a great returner. I hope Pilares is healthy and can contribute. I just don't know why we always take projects and guys with question marks at receiver. We need guys like Harris who isn't a guy who converted from another position and is still learning the position.

It does look like we are going to have an offense which will run whether by design or after the catch.

#150 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

I just don't know why we always take projects and guys with question marks at receiver. We need guys like Harris who isn't a guy who converted from another position and is still learning the position.

It does look like we are going to have an offense which will run whether by design or after the catch.

People said the same things about Gettis this time last year...

i can't see him making the team. practice squad and hope no one else grabs him is best i can imagine for this season...

There are at least five guys that I put ahead of him right now. Unless he completely blows up in camp, I think practice squad is the best case scenario.

I see the Panthers keeping Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Brandon LaFell, Kenneth Moore and Armanti Edwards. I'm sure they will stash him on the practice squad since they used a draft pick on him.

Truthfully, I don't see Gettis getting out of the practice squad this year. He is a project, the kid just traps the ball to much to play in the NFL his first year.

At this point, Gettis sounds like Drew Carter...

Wright will be on the field before Edwards if Edwards doesn't win the PR job. I rate them this way:

Smith
Lafell
Moore
Wright
Edwards
Jarrett
Gettis

Camp fodder

He's another small(ish) school guy, didn't get a lot of press with Salas there. But he put up good numbers and has intriguing measurables. Hopefully he can be another hidden gem for Hurney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com