#241 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

What are your thoughts on Beason?

So you don't support Beason, Davis, or Gettis.

:smash:

Har har har, what do you guys think? Injured players over someone who is healthy, gee I don't know.

#242 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

You are supporting a Heisman winner, national champion, and top draft pick and I'm the bandwagon fan?

LOL...... read what you just wrote! Was Pickles any of those things?

Cam already looks more polished and confident playing that Pickles ever was. He's already being compared to all time greats. He's new to our team, so of course I'm a Cam Newton bandwagoner! Most of us are. The thing we can't figure out is...why aren't you?

#243 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

You guys are so boring.

#244 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Har har har, what do you guys think? Injured players over someone who is healthy, gee I don't know.

It's not Clausen's choice if he plays or not, and you just don't get that.

LOL...... read what you just wrote! Was Pickles any of those things?

Cam already looks more polished and confident playing that Pickles ever was. He's already being compared to all time greats. He's new to our team, so of course I'm a Cam Newton bandwagoner! Most of us are. The thing we can't figure out is...why aren't you?

I don't give a fuuuuuuckkkkk who we have on our team as long as we win. I just feel that Clausen would give us the best chance to win over the long run. 2 losses doesn't prove anything.

#245 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

It's not Clausen's choice if he plays or not, and you just don't get that.

I don't know if you were around here last season but I watched him play and even worse I got to see him practice in person. Thank, whatever religious God that you pray to, that he is not playing.

#246 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Jimmy Clausen will never ever be a quality starting QB in the NFL. Ever. For any team. I'm not a hater, I liked the pick last year, I have nothing against Notre Dame, nothing against him personally, but I watched him play. He's just not cut out to be an NFL QB. If he turns out great next year, feel free to bump this and make me look as dumb as the Cam haters. But it's not gonna happen. Sucks, since it'd be nice to have him as a solid backup/trade bait.

#247 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,631 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

I just feel that Clausen would give us the best chance to win over the long run. 2 losses doesn't prove anything.

Well played

#248 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Jimmy Clausen will never ever be a quality starting QB in the NFL. Ever. For any team. I'm not a hater, I liked the pick last year, I have nothing against Notre Dame, nothing against him personally, but I watched him play. He's just not cut out to be an NFL QB. If he turns out great next year, feel free to bump this and make me look as dumb as the Cam haters. But it's not gonna happen. Sucks, since it'd be nice to have him as a solid backup/trade bait.

He has the tools, but after last year with Fox not wanting anything to do with helping him grow he is basically a David Carr shell-shocked player. He could turn out to be great, and I do think he did improve alot judging from what I saw in preseason, but we will never know until he gets another shot with another team.

#249 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

I don't give a fuuuuuuckkkkk who we have on our team as long as we win. I just feel that Clausen would give us the best chance to win over the long run. 2 losses doesn't prove anything.

Wow.... I don't think you're watching the same games as the rest of us.

#250 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

the team will play harder for newton than they will for clausen. they already are. clausen has nowhere near the amount of respect that newton has gotten from the guys.

clausen doesn't have the arm that newton does. there's no way he could make the consistent big throws that newton does. there's no way that clausen could keep plays alive as long as newton does.

newton >> clausen and it isn't even close, esp. for this system.

stick him in a WCO and he might do alright. half of his throws will still be to the sidelines, though, because he doesn't have the mobility needed to run a WCO.

he's at best a mediocre QB.

long term, newton is the man.

#251 bauss

bauss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

I actually keep forgetting he's on this team until I see a thread like this. For the love of god, please let Clausen's panther infamy die already.

#252 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

PASSING
NAME ATT COMP PCT YDS AVG YDS/G LONG TD TD% INT
J Clausen 299 157 52.5 1558 5.2 102.7 55 3 1.0 9

INT% SACK YDSL RATE
3.0 33 223 58.4

NAME ATT COMP PCT YDS AVG YDS/G LONG TD TD% INT
C Newton 83 52 62.7 854 10.3 403.5 77 3 3.6 4

INT% SACK YDSL RATE
4.8 8 47 89.1

The only thing that Cam might do worse than clausen is sacks and interceptions, because he is playing all the games.

My suggestion Trade Clausen for The Golden Calf of Bristol, then we make The Golden Calf of Bristol a running back or linebacker. lol.

Edited by redbuddha, 23 September 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#253 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

How does Clausen rate 26 pages (so far) of a thread?

I'm going to start a thread about Jeff Lewis just to see if it can beat 26 pages...

#254 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

How does Clausen rate 26 pages (so far) of a thread?

I'm going to start a thread about Jeff Lewis just to see if it can beat 26 pages...

only 7 pages if you're doing it right and it's an old discussion that his fanboy bumped up so that he can be wished a happy birthday. isn't that sweet?

#255 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

sup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.