258 replies to this topic

#61 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

Clausen was so bad otherwise intelligent people were clamoring for Armanti Edwards to play QB.

#62 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

Tough guy right here ladies and gentlemen.

Even if you had made a single valid point; (you haven't) you would be seriously discrediting them by making statements like this or calling people "stupid idiots".

Pickles was a second round pick. If he becomes a serviceable backup then he was a good pick. The team isn't behind him so he doesn't need to start if at all possible. Hopefully MM or another vet can step in and play till Cammy is ready.

PS remember when St Pierre joined this team and started like three days later?
He had a better highlight reel in that one game than Pickles had all season..... true story.

#63 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

Even if you had made a single valid point; (you haven't) you would be seriously discrediting them by making statements like this or calling people "stupid idiots".

Pickles was a second round pick. If he becomes a serviceable backup then he was a good pick. The team isn't behind him so he doesn't need to start if at all possible. Hopefully MM or another vet can step in and play till Cammy is ready.

PS remember when St Pierre joined this team and started like three days later?
He had a better highlight reel in that one game than Pickles had all season..... true story.

Everyone is so blinded by their hate towards this guy which is unjustified after one lousy rookie season. It is just absurd to think that people are ready to write someone off after ten games on the worst team in the league. He doesn't deserve the blame that people put on him.

We only had a total of four games last season in which we had a 100 yard rusher. Out of those four games, Jimmy played in three of them. His numbers were decent in those three games. Also, week 4 against New Orleans when Stewart and Williams combined for over 100 yards on the ground, Clausen had a good game posting a QB rating of 90.6.

Can you at least agree that running the ball, what this team is known for, helps in the passing game? Our rushing attack was non-existant for most of the season. If he had our 1,000 yard back tandem, it would be a completely different story.

#64 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Everyone is so blinded by their hate towards this guy which is unjustified after one lousy rookie season. It is just absurd to think that people are ready to write someone off after ten games on the worst team in the league. He doesn't deserve the blame that people put on him.

We only had a total of four games last season in which we had a 100 yard rusher. Out of those four games, Jimmy played in three of them. His numbers were decent in those three games. Also, week 4 against New Orleans when Stewart and Williams combined for over 100 yards on the ground, Clausen had a good game posting a QB rating of 90.6.

Can you at least agree that running the ball, what this team is known for, helps in the passing game? Our rushing attack was non-existant for most of the season. If he had our 1,000 yard back tandem, it would be a completely different story.

So was it his teammates fault he sucked at Notre Dame, too?

#65 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

So was it his teammates fault he sucked at Notre Dame, too?

How did he suck at ND?

#66 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

Best Scenario for Clausen:

I think if we succeed with Newton, Clausen could develop as a legit backup behind him and maybe save enough time to be a late bloomer in the league with another squad.

#67 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

probably the best set of clausen highlights i've seen put together. well done

idk if clausen will ever be any good, but the involvement of gettis/lafell/goodson in those highlights gave me more hope than anything.

#68 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

How did he suck at ND?

like this....... Posted Image

#69 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Best Scenario for Clausen:

I think if we succeed with Newton, Clausen could develop as a legit backup behind him and maybe save enough time to be a late bloomer in the league with another squad.

Late bloomer? Aaron Rodgers didn't start a game until his 4th year in the league. Palmer didn't play in a game until his 2nd year.

#70 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

like this.......

He was 3rd in the nation in passing and you think he sucks. You are very wise.

#71 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Late bloomer? Aaron Rodgers didn't start a game until his 4th year in the league. Palmer didn't play in a game until his 2nd year.

I never said I thought he was bad or not

I just think he could benefit from a backup role behind Newton for 3-4 years. I'm all for him succeeding.

#72 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Yes I can admit that the running game helps the passing game. Now can you admit that when teams know that they don't have to worry about the QB beating them with his arm they just stack the box with 8-10 players and completely shut down the run game despite having multiple pro bowlers on the o-line and ultimately putting our multiple, pro bowl worthy, RB's on IR?

Claiming that I am blinded by hate when IN THE POST YOU QUOTED, I clearly stated that Pickles has an opportunity to be a serviceable back up and that is all you can really hope for from a second round QB (The only panthers jersey I own is a Clausen jersey), just shows that it is you yourself that is blinded by emotion. You have obviously refused to make a logic based evaluation of Pickles or take the many viable arguments made in this very thread into consideration in any way.

#73 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

Yes I can admit that the running game helps the passing game. Now can you admit that when teams know that they don't have to worry about the QB beating them with his arm they just stack the box with 8-10 players and completely shut down the run game despite having multiple pro bowlers on the o-line and ultimately putting our multiple, pro bowl worthy, RB's on IR?

Claiming that I am blinded by hate when IN THE POST YOU QUOTED, I clearly stated that Pickles has an opportunity to be a serviceable back up and that is all you can really hope for from a second round QB (The only panthers jersey I own is a Clausen jersey), just shows that it is you yourself that is blinded by emotion. You have obviously refused to make a logic based evaluation of Pickles or take the many viable arguments made in this very thread into consideration in any way.

I said "everyone," never directly picked on you, I apologize. There aren't any viable arguments against Clausen other than "he sucks." A quick glance at his numbers and our overall record, people quickly jump onto the conclusion that he sucks and will never prosper.

It is not hard to stop the running game when the only dominant receiver on the team is double or even triple covered. We probably had one of the worst wide receiver depth in the league, which again, isn't going to help a rookie quarterback. In addition, we've always went against multiple defenders in the box even with Delhomme under center because he didn't necessarily strike fear in other defense's hearts either. With that said, we still had a flourishing running attack.

#74 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

I said "everyone," never directly picked on you, I apologize. There aren't any viable arguments against Clausen other than "he sucks." A quick glance at his numbers and our overall record, people quickly jump onto the conclusion that he sucks and will never prosper.

It is not hard to stop the running game when the only dominant receiver on the team is double or even triple covered. We probably had one of the worst wide receiver depth in the league, which again, isn't going to help a rookie quarterback. In addition, we've always went against multiple defenders in the box even with Delhomme under center because he didn't necessarily strike fear in other defense's hearts either. With that said, we still had a flourishing running attack.

Several valid points here. My biggest knock on Pickles is that he doesn't have the locker room. When Beason suggests we draft a QB my ears perk up.

He shouldn't have played last year so soon IMO.
Doesn't mean he won't find some level of success down the road.

#75 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

I think Gettis and Lafell are going to be good

Clausen still has the potential, but those were literally all of his good throws he made last year. The best quarterbacks get those in one half, he's got a hell of work to do. He was in a bad situation last year. This year he has no excuse. Nut up or shut up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com