Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dueling Beat Writers

33 posts in this topic

Posted

For the record, this isn't our first Beat Writer Smackdown.

Back in 06, Pat Yasinskas was convinced the team would sign Keyshawn. Steve Reed said no way in hell.

Posted

I dont want to take a bad deal. I would consider a late 2nd and a late 3rd a bad deal. I would even be disappointed with 2 2nds but I could live with it

I also dont want him loafing around on the field next year, which isnt a sure thing if he stays, he could play well in hopes of leaving. or he could cut off his nose to spite his face

quite a quandry

Posted

For the record, this isn't our first Beat Writer Smackdown.

Back in 06, Pat Yasinskas was convinced the team would sign Keyshawn. Steve Reed said no way in hell.

I hated the whole Keyshawn thing but it was worth it in the end :D

Posted

Chandler's an idiot that is listening to the BS that the GMs are throwing around at the combine. Nobody is going to tip their hand to other potentially interested GMs. As a reporter Chandler really should know this...I'll stick with what Gantt says.

Posted

Pep = Barzini

classic play to get the max...

bravo.

Posted

Mr. Fowler, hmmm...

Posted

I ain't him :nonod:

(I've been asked before)

Posted

Whatever happens with Peppers, I say no to Haynesworth. So does our FO, I hope. We'll go the draft route.

Posted

Whatever happens with Peppers, I say no to Haynesworth. So does our FO, I hope. We'll go the draft route.

I know we wont go get Haynesworth, but who in the draft would be able to create instant pressure just by being in the lineup like Haynesworth, no one. Right now were paying peppers 16 million we could get Haynesworth for around 10 and still save money. The draft is weak at the dline position this year as well. I wouldn't mind seeing haynesworth here, plus we would still have the draft picks and one less spot to worry about on the dline.

Posted

Opens up an interesting question though...

Would you rather...

A) Accept a less than optimal trade compensation just to see him be gone

or

B) Hold on to him until someone gives us the kind of offer we think he merits

Definitely B. While not ideal, I could see him coming back next year unless we work a good trade. Especially with the lack of DE prospects in the draft and FA this year. Although I am loving up some Jerron Gilbert lately. Anybody who can jump out of a swimming pool in 3 feet of water...

Posted

I think Peppers will stay and play well, unless someone makes the Panthers a trade offer they can't refuse. It sounds like the Panthers have taken the position that they will keep Peppers unless his agent goes out and finds them a deal they like.

If Peppers "mails it in" this year, his value as a FA would fall drastically. If he really wants out of Carolina he needs to keep his value as an FA high.

Posted

I'll go with B as well. I don't want Peppers here any more than anyone else, but I'm not willing to dump talent like that without serious compensation. We hold all the cards. Make other teams (and him) offer to us.