Photo
- - - - -

School-record 9 Tar Heels selected

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#91 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

I was laughing because your post had literally nothing to do with my statement about draft picks under Amato. Now you are talking about TOB...I'm done with this thread.

Finally, this is almost half as bad as the practice thread. So is that true, pack had some players smokin the herb and poppin the favre's under Father Tom's watch?

#92 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Haha yeah and that wine ain't cheap. Just like our football uni's.

But hey what would state fans know about quality.

I can't argue about our uniforms. The only person that likes Adidas is Lee Fowler, and he's long gone. All of our athletic apparel contracts are coming up in a year or two, and most people expect us to go to either Nike or Under Armor.

#93 SirPanther

SirPanther

The Swag Fairy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I can't argue about our uniforms. The only person that likes Adidas is Lee Fowler, and he's long gone. All of our athletic apparel contracts are coming up in a year or two, and most people expect us to go to either Nike or Under Armor.

Well that's good for State fans.

I guess GT will be left with the worst uni's in the ACC. They're just awful.

#94 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

#95 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

TOB should have known about his players smoking weed and popping PED's on campus. So why didn't Father TOBy stop it from happening, hypocrites?

You notice how they cant respond to this? But they are all over Carolina, staters you flat out just suck.

#96 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

What does BD have to do with players taking benefits on their vacation? If he is supposed to know about that when it happens, then TOB should have known about his players smoking weed and popping PED's on campus. So why didn't Father TOBy stop it from happening, hypocrites?

You notice how they cant respond to this? But they are all over Carolina, staters you flat out just suck.

A) This PED stuff is a lot of nonsense. Show me one source that says those players were using PEDs? One source is all I want...

B) This situation is completely different from the improper benefits stuff because our players weren't taking pictures of marijuana and posting them all over Twitter and Facebook to brag about it to the rest of the world. Had they were, then you could criticize TOB for not stopping it, but since they weren't, then there really isn't any comparison at all.

If you really want to find a comparison, then I would look more in the direction of when Quan Sturdivant was arrested for possession as well.

Edited by Nicbsbll2, 10 May 2011 - 10:53 AM.

#97 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

When those State players were first arrested, it was reported that they had prescription Ephedrine along with the weed, which is commonly used in a PED program. It's funny though, because that story disappeared about a day later and there weren't any calls for an investigation but the Staters either. Most State fans didn't even notice it though, because you were all too busy planning the demise of Butch Davis and UNC's football program. Also, Sweezy was arrested for a 2nd time shortly after that for fighting with a 65yr old bus driver. He missed one game against Gardner Webb or some such scrub team that you should be able to beat with your entire 2nd string on the field...that's some punishment for 2 arrests in the same summer, huh?

I'm still trying to figure out how Butch Davis was supposed to stop his players from taking money when they were hundreds or thousands of miles away from Chapel Hill though. Marvin Austin tweeted after the fact, and that tweet was lyrics from a rap song that had nothing to do with extra benefits anyway. You guys must think BD is a God, if you're really dumb enough to believe he was a part of any of this.

Also, the players who were actually guilty missed their entire season, along with some players who didn't do anything wrong at all, so how in the hell did they get an unfair advantage? Did any of those Auburn or Ohio State players miss any games last year? What about Oregon, who is also being investigated right now? It seems to me that UNC is the only team that was punished for anything, and that was because they told the truth and didn't try to hide anything.