Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NJPanthers12

Got Some More Info Tonight

66 posts in this topic

Hey, to me, it doesn't matter whether this is your work or inside info.

In either case, it is an excellent strategy going forward.

Thanks for sharing.

Todd Collins would be a natural candidate since he has Coryell experience. But he was never really that great (one really good season to hang his hat on is about it) and looked all but awful the last few times he was in a game.

I'd rather have Moore.

. he told me early that rivera would be the coach and that was something i could not share.

this is going to be a boring offseason with the lockout so i will do my best to try and get as much information as possible out of him. i love the panthers and know there is no better place to talk panthers football than on this board.

perfect

Todd Collins would be a natural candidate since he has Coryell experience. But he was never really that great (one really good season to hang his hat on is about it) and looked all but awful the last few times he was in a game.

Some players reach a point in their career when they're far superior teachers/mentors than they are players.

They reach that point where their body can't physically keep up with what they are thinking, and Todd Collins could be one of those players. His Coryell experience could help Newton out a lot.

i can see our running game getting back to 2008 form when defenses have to take dead steps in anticipation of what Newton might do..

As for Smith i think he just wanted to see this franchise moving in the right direction and saw a lot of bad things going on last year in terms of the squabbling of Fox and the Front Office. If he still wants to go after all we are doing to try and change the culture around here then I guess it's time to move on.

I want Cofield just to see him do this after every sack.

17215245336c7f0fd28756c.gif

I have to say, now that the draft is over, and we can look forward to this season... I'm super excited. Way more than I thought I would be.

1 person likes this

The only thing I can say about Smith is don't start jumping off buildings yet.

Should I step back from that ledge my friend?

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

One more interesting thing I thought that I left out was something about the offensive line. Zack Williams was not brought in to compete for the RG position. He was brought in to backup center because they dont like what Bernadeau did. Bernadeau also will not be in the running to start either but they like him as a backup. The RG position will be Robinson/Schwartz/Davis/Ziemba. They like what they have with this offensive line and reminds them of when they had players like Bridges, Omilaye, and Hangartner who can play multiple positions on the line.

Bernadeau

Wharton

Schwartz

Williams

Ziemba

Can all play multiple positions if needed.

I figured Ziemba might push Otah, or at least be insurance in case he can't go.