Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got Some More Info Tonight

66 posts in this topic

Posted

So...you mentioned all the key FAs but Kalil. That, um, really worries me.

Kalil was franchised, he will be back next year.

Posted

really wanted johnny patrick

Posted

Keeping Marshall would be huge. Seems like JR's master plan is coming together.

Posted

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. After last season, I feel like the Panthers owe the fans a little something, so a little inside info couldn't hurt.

I completely agree on Marshall, he is overrated and wants too much money for what he is worth. He was a great nickel corner and is a great tackler, but his man coverage is suspect. Godfrey took a lot of heat for Marshall's blown coverages.

I also want to add how solid I think our secondary could be if we could add a good corner through free agency or next year's draft. If Munnerlyn and Hogan are 3 and 4, and we can add a stop-gap guy through free agency I will be very pleased.

Also I remember reading somewhere that Meek's cover-2 scheme utilized more zone than man for the corners and that Gamble didn't like that because he is a better man corner. Will McDermont/Rivera's defense be more man coverage or not?

Finally, I feel like I'm only asking questions about the secondary, but wtf happened with Gamble last year? Is it a future problem, or a dispute with Fox? I pray the latter