63 replies to this topic

#16 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

I want Cofield just to see him do this after every sack.

Posted Image

#17 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

I have to say, now that the draft is over, and we can look forward to this season... I'm super excited. Way more than I thought I would be.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

The only thing I can say about Smith is don't start jumping off buildings yet.

Should I step back from that ledge my friend?

#19 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

One more interesting thing I thought that I left out was something about the offensive line. Zack Williams was not brought in to compete for the RG position. He was brought in to backup center because they dont like what Bernadeau did. Bernadeau also will not be in the running to start either but they like him as a backup. The RG position will be Robinson/Schwartz/Davis/Ziemba. They like what they have with this offensive line and reminds them of when they had players like Bridges, Omilaye, and Hangartner who can play multiple positions on the line.

Bernadeau
Wharton
Schwartz
Williams
Ziemba

Can all play multiple positions if needed.

#20 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

I figured Ziemba might push Otah, or at least be insurance in case he can't go.

#21 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

So, Schwartz won't get the nod, to begin with, for RG? That's... not what I expected. I thought it would look like this:

Gross - Wharton - Kalil - Schwartz - Otah (if healthy)

#22 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

with the lockout going on i dont think there is anyway in the hell cam can start for day one.. I dont know if i would want him too even under normal circumstances

#23 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

with the lockout going on i dont think there is anyway in the hell cam can start for day one.. I dont know if i would want him too even under normal circumstances

If he's better than Jimmy, then he starts.

#24 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

So, Schwartz won't get the nod, to begin with, for RG? That's... not what I expected. I thought it would look like this:

Gross - Wharton - Kalil - Schwartz - Otah (if healthy)

The thing with Schwartz was he got a small sample just like Bernadeau did. Bernadeau was great when he filled in but after getting the job he was exposed. He is a good player to fill in but to start every week teams found his weaknesses. So they do not want to give Schwartz the job like Bernadeau, the will make him earn it.

#25 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

Should I step back from that ledge my friend?

You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

#26 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

I have to say, now that the draft is over, and we can look forward to this season... I'm super excited. Way more than I thought I would be.

Me too. And there are good reasons for that:

1) We have much better personnel than a typical 2-14 team
2) If we can sign DWill and convince Smith to recommit to the team, our offense is potentially loaded with playmakers
3) Add Cofield and a decent CB, throw in the Rivera effect, and we are really going to like what we have on defense
4) We are young. If this group can blossom, we are going to be good for a long time
5) Strange as it sounds, the way Clausen has responded to the Cam drafting tells me he is going to stay positive, and that will lead to excellent competition, making both better players in the long run
6) Let Schwartz and Ziemba battle it out for the right guard spot, and our O-line is really solid

If I had to look for an area of concern, it might be whether or not Hardy is ready to take the next step. And that is not a major concern, as I think he is.

We may still go 5-11 or 6 -10, but we are set up really nice for the future.

Edited by Marguide, 01 May 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#27 ThaJackal

ThaJackal

Arschloch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:23 AM

You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

and if you do not want to see me again, I would understaaaaaaaaaaaaand. I would under staaaaaaaaaaaand.

#28 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

I approve of everything in that info, I doubt we have the money/reason for ASO to come here, so hopefully we can keep Marshall for another 2-3 years

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,275 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

Bad thing about that is if he's not ready, we're f**ked. If we have to rely on Moore, Clausen, Collins, or Sorgi, we're not going to be much offensively again.

#30 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

I hate Marshall, I think he is the main reason Godfrey looks so bad because he is trying to compensate or make up for Marshall. He is a good tackler and thats all, it is time for him to go.

I do not think we will be super bowl contenders next year and will have a high pick to get a number 1 receiver to replace Smith. I like Gettis and LaFell but do not think either is a number 1. Then you hope that Barnidge and Rosario continue to develop and this offense is dangerous.

I also think we are one playmaker away on defense, defensive line actually away from being a great D. We are on our way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.