53 replies to this topic

#1 Tutto

Tutto

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:18 AM

Hey,

Normally I wait to see if draft picks pan out before buying a jersey, but I can't this time lol.

What will his number be? I thought when they introduce players, generally they have the jersey with their future number on it. I didnt think anyone was allowed #1?

Has Cam chosen? I dont wanna buy a jersey because they ones they are selling are the regular #1 jerseys that all first rounders get.

#2 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

I think he feels that he will buy #2 from Clausen. Clausen was #7 in college, I think, and #2 did not work out well for him. Still, if I am Jimmy, no way I am selling the # to Cam. We have #5 and #6 available, but nobody knows yet.

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Yea sometime they go into training camp without knowing their number yet, but it doesn't usually take that long. The Panthers store will announce when the numbers have been decided on.

#4 Tutto

Tutto

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

alright awesome, thanks alot

#5 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

He might try and buy it from Clausen, but if Clausen does give it up it's almost like he's saying 'Here, take my number and my starting job.'

At least, that's what everyone and their mom is going to say if that happens. You could imagine the field day the media would have with a story like that.

#6 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

Cam should buy #7 from Jason Baker, then trade it for #2 with Jimmy. Maybe throw in a nice size charity donation with it. Would be good for everyone.

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

Yea, I don't think Cam will take #2. Some people were saying maybe #13, but I doubt he wants any connection to his time in Florida. He'll probably take something completely random. My guess is one of these three: 10, 18, 19.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

I think just taking a new number and trying not to pull any deals or anything over a number would be a good gesture of good faith that his head is in the right place.

#9 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

If he does, I still like #9 best.

#10 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,891 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

I also think he's trying to buy # 2 from Jimmy and I'm not sure why Jimmy wouldn't give it up after the season he had with that # on his back... we'll see.

#11 CarolinaVeins

CarolinaVeins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

Hey,

Normally I wait to see if draft picks pan out before buying a jersey, but I can't this time lol.

What will his number be? I thought when they introduce players, generally they have the jersey with their future number on it. I didnt think anyone was allowed #1?

Has Cam chosen? I dont wanna buy a jersey because they ones they are selling are the regular #1 jerseys that all first rounders get.

The ones they are selling online are presale. It has #1 on the picture on it until a number is decided. Once the number is official the jersey is shipped

#12 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hope Jimmy keeps #2....shows some determination. Cam does not need to be entitled. Best to be a good teammate. Humble will wear well. So far everyone is saying the right things. Bet Rivera will keep them grounded.

#13 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Ether #5 or #9, no #6, no #8. Those numbers are not worthy of Cam's greatness.

#14 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

yeah, somewhere between 2-19 would be my guess.

#15 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

5 seems like a good fit for a mobile qb and doesn't start off on the wrong foot in the locker room. 2 would be ideal, but claussen already has it so let him keep it. jimmy claussen and dameyune craig are the only 2 that i remember wearing this number and neither have had the path that we want our franchise qb to start off with. 13 would be bad luck bc of the florida gators situation. if not 5, i'd pry 10 away from armanti edwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.