#16 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hey,

Normally I wait to see if draft picks pan out before buying a jersey, but I can't this time lol.

What will his number be? I thought when they introduce players, generally they have the jersey with their future number on it. I didnt think anyone was allowed #1?

Has Cam chosen? I dont wanna buy a jersey because they ones they are selling are the regular #1 jerseys that all first rounders get.

Panthers.com is actualy NOT selling Newton #1 jerseys. The Panthers.com site actually has a blank jersey saying the number is to be determined and will be shipped after the number is decided upon.

#17 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

#10 Posted Image

#18 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Here's what is going to happen, and it stinks for all of us who are gonna run out and buy Cam's new swag, he will go with a # bc Jimmy is a cocky kid who won't do the right thing and give it up to the star. Then Cam is gonna have only a so so season, Claussen will be cut or traded an Cam will immediately switch to #2 when that happens making everything we bought obsolete. Organization will be fine with it--more sales. I wish Claussen was never born or brought here... Ugh

#19 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

5 seems like a good fit for a mobile qb and doesn't start off on the wrong foot in the locker room. 2 would be ideal, but claussen already has it so let him keep it. jimmy claussen and dameyune craig are the only 2 that i remember wearing this number and neither have had the path that we want our franchise qb to start off with. 13 would be bad luck bc of the florida gators situation. if not 5, i'd pry 10 away from armanti edwards.

Yeah i have to agree also. I think More then likely it will be 5. But there is a chance he can get 10 from edwards. I believe he will take the pay that cam will give him to take the number.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,269 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I hope you are not serious. Just think about it for a second... There is no possible way Cam will not get 2. He is the icon and the face of the franchise now, he will more than likely get what he wants being the #1 pick in the NFL draft and he deserves it #2 is Cam's number he made that number famous at Auburn and he will make it famous in Charlotte. Jimmy know's Carolina will not be his permanent residence and that Cam is the new collard greens in town and that as the face off the franchise he deserves his number.

All hail #2 Cam "yes he can" Newton!

In all seriousness Cam Newton deserves #2, Clausen needs to do the right thing and sell it to Cam because Newton is the future of the organization. #2 is where he made his mark at Auburn and #2 will be where he makes his mark in Charlotte.

#21 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

out of curiosity, can they make a Cam Newton Jersey with Number before hes actually signed?

#22 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

They were selling The Golden Calf of Bristol jerseys in Denver the weekend of the draft. So they can issue him a number and sell jerseys whenever they want. He won't be signed until right before training camp, and I'm sure they'll want to sell some of his jerseys at the little truck they have outside Wofford and have people wearing them to camp and stuff.

#23 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

I think he'll take #5.

#24 ammofan

ammofan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

I would say number 10. 8 would be cool tho.

#25 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,161 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Here's what is going to happen, and it stinks for all of us who are gonna run out and buy Cam's new swag, he will go with a # bc Jimmy is a cocky kid who won't do the right thing and give it up to the star. Then Cam is gonna have only a so so season, Claussen will be cut or traded an Cam will immediately switch to #2 when that happens making everything we bought obsolete. Organization will be fine with it--more sales. I wish Claussen was never born or brought here... Ugh

Strong username to Cam jock riding ratio.....Get out and take your fail with you.

#26 holycrikey

holycrikey

panthArs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

I say he buys #12 from Gettis. It makes perfect sense. It says, "Hey, I'm not gonna be a dick to Clausen" and it shows he was #1 overall and still has his #2 from college.

I like it. Cam, go with #12.

Edit: Although I do think it'd be cool one day to eventually see #10, 11, and 12 on the field at the same time in the form of Edwards, Lafell, Gettis.

Edited by holycrikey, 01 May 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#27 SirPanther

SirPanther

The Swag Fairy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

I'd like to see him take #3 if Matt Moore isn't resigned.

#28 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Clausen would be smart to sell #2, he needs a new start and it's not like that number did him any favors.

#29 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Cam should just go ahead and pick a # instead of trying to pry it away from Jimmy, the media is already swarming him and they are setting him up for failure. I think it would just make him looks incredibly cocky if he took #2 from Jimmy, he should just choose 5 or something else so I can get my jersey!

#30 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I think he feels that he will buy #2 from Clausen. Clausen was #7 in college, I think, and #2 did not work out well for him. Still, if I am Jimmy, no way I am selling the # to Cam. We have #5 and #6 available, but nobody knows yet.

You're kidding, right? I'd sell it, but I'd make him pay good money for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com