• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

Cable News is pathetic. They care about ratings not truth. They're catering to a demographic. People that watch that poo just to so they can hear what they want to.

#17 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

This attitude is pretty fugged. "Truth" should not cater to your political slant. There is only one truth, and it's the job of a journalist to report it. This whole hipster blasé attitude of "Well if you don't like the fact that you are being deliberately misled on one channel, go and be misled by another channel that shares the same political views as you," is idiotic at best, and at worst indicative of the failing of a supposedly free society to demand facts from our media.

Not disagreeing with you about whether or not this started under Bush or Obama, I don't know enough to know enough.

Fox News is part of cable television and they are not government ran. They are a profit based business. Newspapers are dying and the internet gives people the ability to find the truth on any subject if they wish to seek it. You can browse google news and read about the same story 10 times from different publications.

Also journalism that caters to certain views is nothing new. Nazi papers and magazines were published across western Europe before during and after Hitler's rule. Some people have no interest in truth and would rather read what they believe to be the truth.

It really doesn't matter who it started under. US military should be credited for doing their job. Everything else is politics as usual. I never hear any politician take responsibility for allowing 9/11 to happen. All of these leaders are disingenuous and most of their public appearances are basically well crafted campaign appearances.

#18 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Why I haven't watched the news since Obama spoke.

#19 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,998 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

Fox News is part of cable television and they are not government ran. They are a profit based business. Newspapers are dying and the internet gives people the ability to find the truth on any subject if they wish to seek it. You can browse google news and read about the same story 10 times from different publications.

Also journalism that caters to certain views is nothing new. Nazi papers and magazines were published across western Europe before during and after Hitler's rule. Some people have no interest in truth and would rather read what they believe to be the truth.

Journalism is a public service, even though it has operated as a collection of for-profit organizations (which it had to, in every phase of its existence in order to be sustainable). But the day when people started referring to journalism as a business without batting an eye, and started talking about it "catering to demographics" and "telling people what they want to hear" is the day the institution in its truest form died.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

i give 100% credit to the military and intel. this isn't football. team loses coach gets all the blame and when they win gets little to no credit, yet, you can specifically see how coaching played a role in the win or loss.

not here. a smart leader for something of this scale would have just gotten out of the way and trusted his advisors on the ground who had their tounge on the pulse. not just finger.

for those that slobber one way or the other just prove their shallowness and little understanding of the real world.
probably think rasslin' is real and Seth Rogan is funny.

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

This attitude is pretty fugged. "Truth" should not cater to your political slant. There is only one truth, and it's the job of a journalist to report it. This whole hipster blasé attitude of "Well if you don't like the fact that you are being deliberately misled on one channel, go and be misled by another channel that shares the same political views as you," is idiotic at best, and at worst indicative of the failing of a supposedly free society to demand facts from our media.

Not disagreeing with you about whether or not this started under Bush or Obama, I don't know enough to know enough.

Do you like cooking or auto racing? They have entire channels dedicated to them and guess what? You don't have to watch them, either.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

I give credit to Obama for making sure that Osama continued to be a top target. And for giving the go ahead on the mission. And he was in charge when it happened. He definitely deserves some credit.

Btw, was listening to NPR on the way to work this morning, and the announcer misspoke and said Obama was dead when she meant Osama. Now if that had happened on Fox, many here would have a coniption. :)

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

I agree, which is why I don't watch fox, and I don't read huffington.

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

I give credit to Obama for making sure that Osama continued to be a top target. And for giving the go ahead on the mission. And he was in charge when it happened. He definitely deserves some credit.

Btw, was listening to NPR on the way to work this morning, and the announcer misspoke and said Obama was dead when she meant Osama. Now if that had happened on Fox, many here would have a coniption. :)

You were able to listen to NPR? I thought everyone had to watch Fox.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

You were able to listen to NPR? I thought everyone had to watch Fox.

Does Fox have a radio network?

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

Does Fox have a radio network?

Not sure, but Hannity has a radio show.

#27 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

Beck does to...I don't think its "Fox Radio" though...some other station..

#28 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

And yes, had Rush said Obama instead of Osama the left would have went ape poo..

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

You guys cant be serious with all this crap. Just when you think youre starting to make progress, we witness the masses falling hook line and sinker for this garbage. I wonder how everyone is going to feel when we use this as a reason to further pursue our military efforts in the middle east? It was only a matter of time before the establishment decided to play the Bin Laden card.

#30 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

i give 100% credit to the military and intel. this isn't football. team loses coach gets all the blame and when they win gets little to no credit, yet, you can specifically see how coaching played a role in the win or loss.

not here. a smart leader for something of this scale would have just gotten out of the way and trusted his advisors on the ground who had their tounge on the pulse. not just finger.

for those that slobber one way or the other just prove their shallowness and little understanding of the real world.
probably think rasslin' is real and Seth Rogan is funny.

It damn well is....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com