• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

I like looking at the 2012 mock drafts mostly just to see where people are thinking Carolina will end up next year. This one had me literally laugh out loud:

11. Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 245 lbs. | Class: Junior

Analysis: Jenkins had 13.5 sacks as a sophomore, and could be a top ten pick once he adds some bulk to his frame. Carolina could upgrade Charles Johnson at defensive end.

11 aint a bad spot to predict us....but..a 6'3 245 lbs guy is probably going to be a 3-4 OLB and besides even that, he would be an upgrade from Charles Johnson?! lol

#2 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

I've seen some names and positions thrown around that make no sense. I've seen one with RB as our first choice in the top 10. If I see one more person type "they need to find Pepper's replacement still" I'm gonna kick something cute. However I think the overall consensus is that we target a WR in next years draft. Heck though that was the consensus this time last I think.

#3 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

I've seen us drafting in the top 5 and taking Coples from Carolina. As much as I hate Carolina, that guy could be a specimen at 6'6'' 285. If he puts on 15 more pounds then wow...that's essentially Mario Williams walking around out there.

#4 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

my wish list...

Alshon Jeffery, WR, SC
LaMichael James(if DWill leaves), RB, Oregon
Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

#5 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

I hope we have the 32 pick in the draft and a Lombardi trophy. Much better than getting top 5 talents.

#6 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

that mock is literally retarded if they think we are drafting another LB/DE end tweener from florida state, we already have the tornado

#7 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

I say we will get a WR to replace Smith and help out Newton/Clausen. I could see us getting a DE but I think Brown and Hardy will have a great year and take away the need for a DE. Depending on how well our secondary does and how Brandon Hogan turns out we could end up getting a CB.

I say we get a Speedy WR to replace Smith heres the list of the top WRs I would get

Alshon Jeffery
Justin Blackmon
Ryan Broyles
Micheal Floyd
Jeff Fuller
Greg Childs

#8 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Alshon Jeffery isn't a "speed" receiver per se. He is a throw it up and go get it receiver. He has a big frame and his style compares to Randy Moss. He is top of my WR list with Blackmon behind.

Edited by RadioKiller, 18 August 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#9 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

11 aint a bad spot to predict us....but..a 6'3 245 lbs guy is probably going to be a 3-4 OLB and besides even that, he would be an upgrade from Charles Johnson?! lol

Yeah drafting an hybrid DE/OLB usually are drafted by 3-4 teams. But often they seem to fail (ex: Gholston, Maybin). I guess the only hope for 4-3 teams is hoping they beef up and play DE. I will say I have a man crush on Brandon Lindsey out of Pitt. He is similar in that he is DE/OLB hybrid and realize there is a slim chance he is drafted by us.

#10 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

We need to draft a FB with our first round pick, and a kicker in the second to make sure we draft our replacements to Kas and Hoov.

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Wow, that is pretty terrible.

I do see us picking in the top 10 again, maybe top 5.

I have no interest in DE unless there's another Peppers or Mario Williams sitting there.

We clearly need WR and CB. DT is a need but I want to give McClain and Fua some time to develop, DT's typically take 2-3 season to make an impact.

#12 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

1st- WR
2nd- CB
4th- OL

If we are picking high again next year, I believe you have to pull the trigger on a WR to build around Cam. Steve Smith is 32 and hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2005 due to injuries/suspensions. No one has stepped up for the number 2 spot. The most promising prospect tore his ACL, which could hinder his future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com