• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I forget where this came up, but it appears Cam won't have many designed run plays as previously mentioned.

when Rivera was talking about the pick then ight of the draft he said they really liked his ability to make plays as a runner, not scrambling, and this was part of the bit in which they were talking about how they had modified the playbook for him etc. It sounded to me like they thought his legs were more valuable than as a scrambler.

I don't expect him to run anywhere near how many times he ran at Auburn but it really sounded like they had some plans for his legs.

I'll listen to this when I can get a podcast to see what he said but yeah.

#32 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

- In between Don McNabb and Big Ben. Cam isn't a scrabbling QB. Most of his runs were called plays. Things you saw time and time again was that when he had a called pass play he stayed in the pocket, or when he got flushed his eyes stayed down field and was looking to pass

Ron Rivera is WRONG! Cam "Fake" Newton is a One-Read and Run QB. He has accuracy issues and is too stupid to understand complex plays! He needs to GTFO of the Panther's organization

-Signed

Anti-Cam Newton Club

:rolleyes:

#33 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Losing Smitty will create a large need for the Panthers, but it is comforting knowing that the team will not give him up just to make him happy. We expect value in return and aren't looking to dump a superstar just because he is a little unhappy.

I am curious what kind of interest Smitty gets in the open market. I look forward to it not being enough...

#34 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

Losing Smitty will create a large need for the Panthers, but it is comforting knowing that the team will not give him up just to make him happy. We expect value in return and aren't looking to dump a superstar just because he is a little unhappy.

I am curious what kind of interest Smitty gets in the open market. I look forward to it not being enough...

like i said don't be surprised if we aren't agressive in trying to get vincent jackson from the chargers..if we indeed want to get rid of smith.

#35 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

when Rivera was talking about the pick then ight of the draft he said they really liked his ability to make plays as a runner, not scrambling, and this was part of the bit in which they were talking about how they had modified the playbook for him etc. It sounded to me like they thought his legs were more valuable than as a scrambler.

I don't expect him to run anywhere near how many times he ran at Auburn but it really sounded like they had some plans for his legs.

I can't remember the last time I saw a designed run play for an NFL QB other than a QB sneak up the middle for one yard. I think more than anything, they want to roll Cam out to put him in open space. I am confident he will make the first guy miss the majority of the time giving WR's enough time to get open.

#36 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

like i said don't be surprised if we aren't agressive in trying to get vincent jackson from the chargers..if we indeed want to get rid of smith.

V.Jax = The Abert Haynesworth of WR's

#37 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

V.Jax = The Abert Haynesworth of WR's

well rivera knows him and unlike haynesworth he's actually played well consistently.

#38 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

If we get a good deal for Smitty I'll be thrilled. I'll miss him, but I drool at the thought of extra draft picks now.

#39 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

I like how he addressed Steve Smith and making it known to him that Steve Smith is not greater than the team. Which is the way it should be.

#40 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,111 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

I didn't get a chance to listen to it either.. so now I missed both references. ;)

I don't doubt it might have sounded like that in the presser, I'll take your word for it. I just hope it's not true. I don't see the benefit when compared to the risk, IMO..

I mean, a couple times is fine.. to me, more than 5 is getting carried away...

#41 CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Football Jesus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have to say I liked everything Rivera said about using Newton. I'm glad that aren't trying to create Vick 2.0, Newton doesn't even fit that mold. He doesnt seem scared in the pocket, unlike the useless Jimmy Clausen. Claw Daddy seemed to run for his life on ever other passing pay. The ones were he didn't fumble the snap or just get sacked 2 seconds after the ball was hiked.

#42 goodsense83

goodsense83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Ron Rivera is WRONG! Cam "Fake" Newton is a One-Read and Run QB. He has accuracy issues and is too stupid to understand complex plays! He needs to GTFO of the Panther's organization

-Signed

Anti-Cam Newton Club

:rolleyes:

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB
:out:

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB
:out:

and who exactly are you referring to?

#44 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

#45 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,608 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

Best use of the new smilies thus far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.