Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Kealoha Pilares beat out Armanti Edwards?

82 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Kealoha Pilares:

Height:5'10"

Weight:199 lbs.

Arm Length:30 1/2 in.

Hand Size:8 3/4 in.

Overview:

Pilares tore his PCL in the Hawaii Bowl and must first demonstrate that he is healthy. If he recovers from his injury, he can be an effective slot receiver. He has great foot speed and regularly separates from linebackers and defensive backs on crossing and drag routes. He also finds soft spots in zone coverage and is very difficult to tackle in the open field after the catch. He lacks the speed to stretch the field, but this converted running back is shifty enough to move the chains. Pilares will be a late round pick if his rehabilitation is successful.

Armanti Edwards:

Height: 5'11

Weight: 187 lbs.

Couldn't find much of an analysis on him. But most of us on here already know who he is. So pretty much just compare the two.

Who do you feel will come out on top?

Posted · Report post

Dunno. I will tell you that Armanti isn't going anywhere. Not until he proves on the playing field that he sucks.

Posted · Report post

they'll each be on the roster but I expect Pilares to 'start' before Armanti does.

Posted · Report post

Edwards gotta believe he's working hard to help contribute after the John Fox comments at least I hope he is

Posted · Report post

yes

Posted · Report post

Edwards is gonna beat out Pilares no doubt.

Posted · Report post

Considering Pilares isn't switching from QB to WR he's beat him before the battle has even started.

But one thing AE needs is good players around him. If we can afford to work him in slowly he'll look much more effective.

Posted · Report post

Proehl is gonna transform AE into a monster.

Posted · Report post

Based on the 'Dwayne Jarrett-Eric Shelton Project Player Timeline', edwards has at least this and one more season to make it before being given the boot. :cool:

Posted · Report post

Honestly, I have no clue what to expect on Edwards. Like someone just said above me, we haven't seen him play enough to make any sort of accurate judgement or prediction on his skill as a wide receiver. I think at this point, it just depends on how hard he works at it and what his natural skill level turns out to be when he gets some playing time...

Posted · Report post

Probably, Pilares has been playing WR all along... Armanti's still a work in progress.

Posted · Report post

Armanti couldn't make any other roster in the league, at least not as a pure receiver. This is a no-brainer.