Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Your reaction when Newton was drafted

98 posts in this topic

Like many other fans, I felt like we made the wrong pick. We had a great CB or DT sitting there but we took a project QB. Unlike most fans I do trust our new coaches and the front office so I accept the pick and look forward to him competing for the QB job.

my reaction was strictly physical. I think the word would be boner?

I wept with joy that the draft was finally over. Then I realized Newton/Clausen/(insert QB) threads would soon begin and it killed my buzz.

Ow7Q8.gif
1 person likes this

The man won two consecutive national championships for different teams. Having a player like that on our roster is EXCITING, regardless of the position.

That is a different question though than how it felt to see him taken first overall, knowing that if he fails we will fail for the next 3 or 4 years. To that point, I am nervous and anxious. I don't know whether to anticipate he'll be a bust, or to let my optimism grow to ridiculous proportions(Superbowl).

I would feel better about the pick, if I already had faith in the Panthers organization with regards to the task of developing QBs. But since I am as ignorant about that as I am about Newton's work ethic, I will remain anxious and skeptical.

We jumped off a cliff. If we land safely, we'll be the heros that everyone wants to high-5. If not, we'll go splat. There is not much if any middle ground.

Truffle Shuffle!!!

ac4x0o.gif

im in the background to the left with a heiniken. can u find me?

Kennypowers is the guy in the white with the fat lady