t(o.o t)

#34 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

who the hell is Joseph Person?

He is the Charlotte Observer's beat writer for the Panthers...the only one now that Gantt has be reassigned. Unless you want to count Sorenson and Fowler, which I don't.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,418 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

what WCO team didn't get a QB that needs one?

#36 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

I'm sure there's a team out there than runs a WCO and would give us something for Clausen. If nothing else, when the Eagles lose Kolb they might be interested in Clausen as a backup.

#37 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

based on the wording of this tweet every player on every team of every sport on every level of sports around the world "might be traded"

poor title OP..i would neg rep you if I thought rep mattered in the slightest

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,418 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

I'm sure there's a team out there than runs a WCO and would give us something for Clausen. If nothing else, when the Eagles lose Kolb they might be interested in Clausen as a backup.

very likely. i could see the redskins as well.

not too many teams running the WCO anymore. pool of potential landing spots is pretty small.

#39 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

based on the wording of this tweet every player on every team of every sport on every level of sports around the world "might be traded"

poor title OP..i would neg rep you if I thought rep mattered in the slightest

wtf?

#40 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Clausen (+/-) will be headed to Seattle in exchange for Hasselbeck (+/-). Hasselbeck is an unrestricted free agent so this may not work, but I still think Clausen goes to Seattle if he's put on the block.

That is my call.

I honestly believe if the Panthers think CN is their franchise QB they need to get rid of Clausen and Smith. All of the QB controversy early on will be terrible for CN and divide the fan base. They need a situation just like Bradford's where they had a capable vet if necessary but who also knew his role.

Smith is the same way. The guy wants stats more than wins because he knows he doesn't have a prayer of a superbowl win here for some time. He is going to get extremely frustrated playing with a running quarterback who won't be able to thread passes to him in double coverage like apparently he expected all last season. The best thing for the Panthers is to get him out of dodge and let CN start with a fresh slate of receivers. They already brought in a new TE so no probs there.

Edited by Jpjr, 04 May 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#41 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

what WCO team didn't get a QB that needs one?

i don't know if they run a west coast offense but i could see seattle trading for him...on a perfect day maybe we could get a 3rd for him but i would say a 4th or 5th is more likely

#42 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

WTF would we get for him? Not gonna happen IMO.

There are people out there that think his performance was based on Fox putting him in a terrible situation. We could get Brady Quinn value...3 or 4.

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,370 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

i don't know if they run a west coast offense but i could see seattle trading for him...on a perfect day maybe we could get a 3rd for him but i would say a 4th or 5th is more likely

we would be lucky to get a 6 or 7th for him. I think we most likely get some bust that still has potential in a trade.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,370 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

There are people out there that think his performance was based on Fox putting him in a terrible situation. We could get Brady Quinn value...3 or 4.

very few people employ a Josh McDaniels type guy as GM/coach. What he did w/ Quinn isn't something you can really use to compare.....he was retarded.

#45 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

sources say the Colts are willing to give up Manning, Wayne, Freeney, and Garcon for Clausen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com