• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#76 communist

communist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

going to the redskins. just pulled that out of my butt. enjoy.

shanahan wants an athletic and strong-armed qb...

#77 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

A simple reason they might trade Clausen is that they don't like his attitude and leadership skills and feel he would not be a great mentor. One of the big issues the coaches have is who does mentor Cam. On the one hand you have Moore who is reported to be very laid back and from what I have read could learn hard work and effort from newton. Then you have Clausen who supposedly rubs folks the wrong way and is not perceived as a leader. Finally you have Pike who really no one knows anything about.
I am likely stereotyping, but the coaches may feel that none of the guys we currently have at Qb would be a good mentor for Cam so they would be looking for someone else. In the end there are only so many slots open and there are a number of factors that all have to be considered.

Good points on Moore and Clausen the way I see it though is how the offseason is going w/ the lockout we might have to stick with what we have for now. Your 100% right we need a legit veteran QB on the depth chart so that Cam can be in there hip pocket. Moore has in game experience but he's still a young player not a mentor/leader. And you summed up Clausen pretty well it's funny though that's how some people look at Cam take his confidence for arrogance.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,430 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

He is the best QB on the roster...right now. That doesn't include trading/signing a veteran.

Who is he? If you mean Moore, I probably agree. Clausen has a lot of problems, and Newton is a complete unknown.

#79 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Cam is the most naturally talented QB on the roster imo which is why you hear Rivera talking like he he didn't draft him to sit.

#80 SirPanther

SirPanther

The Swag Fairy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

Good. Let him go suck for some other team.

#81 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

bring in mcnabb. keep clausen. let moore walk.

#82 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

bring in mcnabb. keep clausen. let moore walk.

Would be the ideal situation

#83 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

Would be the ideal situation

mcnabb is not the answer. he's a WCO QB, injury prone, and sucked when Andy reid wasn't calling the shots. no thank you. I'd rather have just aboot anyone else (other than jimmy)

#84 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Pike is PS eligible, that's where he should go.

I do find it funny that everyone here has already anointed Cam the starter.

All signs point in that direction at the moment. Really the whole offensive coaching staff is set up for it as someone said earlier. Its a very good chance that if he can learn the playbook and the lockout does not drag on forever he will start day one. Really not my fav choice but it seems Rivera wants it that way.

#85 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

mcnabb is not the answer. he's a WCO QB, injury prone, and sucked when Andy reid wasn't calling the shots. no thank you. I'd rather have just aboot anyone else (other than jimmy)

Players always fall off when they go to the Redskins :lol: he's the best vet imo because of how he was great for Vick last year. Not to mention what Cam will face on the field and off who better to mentor him than someone that has gone through it? McNabb was an elusive QB that became more balanced/highly criticized player etc.

#86 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Pike is PS eligible, that's where he should go.

I do find it funny that everyone here has already anointed Cam the starter.

He really is to an extent. It wouldnt seem right if clausen and newton goes to camp and clausen beat him out. Its almost like we wasted a first round pick on the guy who got beat out by a guy who couldnt win games last year. If anything Clausen gets traded to seattle my sleeper maybe san fran. Harbaugh and clausen go back on ties i dont remember good or bad. What the panthers may do is bing in a vet who is use to the system or know a lil something about the system our offense will run. They will just use him to groom Cam be his teacher his eyes and ears. But the vet wouldnt start I think they want to go through the growing pains with Cam.

#87 ThePantherDude

ThePantherDude

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

I don't think Clausen will be traded for a number of reasons

1. Why get rid of basically you're first round pick from last year unless you get a 3rd or higher which I don't think Clausen will get

2. What happens if Cam struggles learning the playbook

3. Competition never hurt anyone and Cam vs Jimmy vs Pike/Moore would push eveyone involved to be better

Also I would say 75% of the team would be up for grabs if the price is right.

#88 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

1. Why get rid of basically you're first round pick from last year unless you get a 3rd or higher which I don't think Clausen will get

3. Competition never hurt anyone and Cam vs Jimmy vs Pike/Moore would push eveyone involved to be better

Pike and Clausen don't appear to be real competition for this style of offense. Nor do they have anything to offer other QBs being so young.

#89 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,661 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

well, thats one way to give Newton the number he wants

#90 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,798 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

1) he wasn't basically a first round pick. they put nowhere near the effort into checking this guy out that they would have a real first rounder (otherwise they may have passed as well) and they also don't have anywhere close to the financial stake one would with a first rounder.

2) then clausen is a fallback option? what have you seen that makes you feel this would be better than newton having a struggle with the playbook?

3) i'd rather have the bar set a little higher for competition. a rabbit in a race with a slug is competition, but it won't make the rabbit any faster. i doubt anyone on the roster right now would be all that hard to overcome on the depth chart for newton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.