• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 ThePantherDude

ThePantherDude

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

1) he wasn't basically a first round pick. they put nowhere near the effort into checking this guy out that they would have a real first rounder (otherwise they may have passed as well) and they also don't have anywhere close to the financial stake one would with a first rounder.

2) then clausen is a fallback option? what have you seen that makes you feel this would be better than newton having a struggle with the playbook?

3) i'd rather have the bar set a little higher for competition. a rabbit in a race with a slug is competition, but it won't make the rabbit any faster. i doubt anyone on the roster right now would be all that hard to overcome on the depth chart for newton.

We tried trading up to get him but the price was too high so we sat and waited and he fell to us.

Why not have Clausen as a fallback option? We have to sign D'Lo, Johnson, Davis, and try and get some help at CB and DT in free agency. Why waste money on a backup QB in FA? We should spend our money wisely since JR is known to be a tightwad.

I understand people wanting us to bring in a vet to compete but it's Cam's job. The only thing that will stop him from starting is his own self. So keep guys we already have under contract (unless we get a good offer on Clausen.) If not keep him and fill other holes and get better collectively as a team.

#92 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

i'd rather a backup QB have a little success and just a big more experience. .

clausen is at best a project, even as a backup. we already have one project at QB (which any newly drafted QB is), why waste resources on more than one?

#93 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

bring in mcnabb. keep clausen. let moore walk.

Fu*k Donovan McNabb.

He'll be crying if he doesn't start, and when he doesn't, he'll make some condescending remark that implies Chico is a racist.

I'd rather bring Delhomme back to tutor Cam and show him how to carry himself on and off the field. If McNabb had half the heart Delhomme had he would have won a SB.

McNabb, without a doubt, is one of the most over rated players in the history of the NFL. He is crybaby pussy bitch who throws INTs on monday night football then limps off the field like he is hurt.

#94 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

if I would take some of these posts as truth and walked the streets trying to sell them, I would owe society millions..

The part you highlighted is the truest part of my post. The guy needs to go.

#95 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,486 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Fu*k Donovan McNabb.

He'll be crying if he doesn't start, and when he doesn't, he'll make some condescending remark that implies Chico is a racist.

I'd rather bring Delhomme back to tutor Cam and show him how to carry himself on and off the field. If McNabb had half the heart Delhomme had he would have won a SB.

McNabb, without a doubt, is one of the most over rated players in the history of the NFL. He is crybaby pussy bitch who throws INTs on monday night football then limps off the field like he is hurt.

Nah, McNabb has been pooted on like almost no other comparable QB. Can't blame him for occassionally saying something considering what he has put up w/ from draft day to present day.

We don't need him but he ain't a crybaby.

#96 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Signs point to no. Damn people are dumb to create this thread.

#97 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

I don't understand why people like McNabb. have you see him play? he's inaccurate as poo and is in the bottom half of starting QB's in the NFL. too much money for a guy well past his prime. might as well resign Delhomme if you're looking for a mentor to Cam.

Moore-Clausen-Newton will be our QB depth chart this season. Deal with it.

#98 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,486 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I don't understand why people like McNabb. have you see him play? he's inaccurate as poo and is in the bottom half of starting QB's in the NFL. too much money for a guy well past his prime. might as well resign Delhomme if you're looking for a mentor to Cam.

Moore-Clausen-Newton will be our QB depth chart this season. Deal with it.

Rivera ain't a lameduck coach nor does he appear to be dumb.....I would say odds are against that being his week 1 depth chart (regardless of arrangement)

#99 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'd love for him to get a fair shake somewhere, but the Panthers need to get something tangible for him.

It wouldn't be the first second round pick we've wasted.

#100 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the contract is offered and it's up to Moore to sign it or not, whether they intend to keep him after camp and whatnot is debatable but I think the offer is firm.

essentially what I was saying.. my point was that contract doesn't ensure they will keep Moore if they want to go in another direction. My feeling is it was to keep other teams from stealing him away until they decided what direction they wanted to go.

#101 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,486 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Moore doesn't have a contract......being tendered just means Carolina has rights to him. Some blow the Moore tender our of context.......Null was even tendered.

#102 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Teams can rescind RFA offers once business resumes

#103 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,511 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

what they said...

#104 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Clausen (+/-) will be headed to Seattle in exchange for Hasselbeck (+/-). Hasselbeck is an unrestricted free agent so this may not work,

wat¿

something tells me hasselbeck won't fall for it.

#105 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

sources say the Colts are willing to give up Manning, Wayne, Freeney, and Garcon for Clausen

Nope. If we can't get Mathis added in, it's no deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com