Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clausen isn't 'real' competition for Newton

95 posts in this topic

Posted

We need to bring in a VERY good Vet QB. Newton could beat Clausen on his throwing motion alone. Newton needs to be pushed to the max and needs to know the starting job won't come easy, even if you're the #1 pick.

Posted

In your opinion.

Posted

In your opinion.

I don't think Clausen would be competition on a lot of practice squads from what we witnessed and heard about his even worse practices.

Posted

Tell us more, Mr.Science

Posted

Clausen has game speed on his side.

Posted

Clausen has quite a bit on his side, IMO.

Posted

THey need a vet who will also understand his role on the team. I don't think you are going to be able to woo a very good FA vet with a starting window as small as it is here. McNabb is not that type of QB that would take on a mentoring role (IMO).

I wish we could land Kitna.

Posted

Kitna would be great.

Posted

IMO... I would make a run at Donovan Mcnabb or a David Garrard. Garrard is really unlikely. But I would love to have him back there. There's guys out there that would be better to bring in here than just leave Jimmy as the only true competition. Byron Leftwich, Kerry Collins, Matt Hasselbeck, Vince Young to name a few.

Don't be surprised if Vince's name surfaces.

Posted

Clausen is just pretend. I agree, any vet that feels they have some juice in the tank, that would we get excited about, probably doesn't want to concede to a backup/mentor role

Posted

Vince's name won't surface.

Posted

Kerry Collins?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...eh.