Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clausen isn't 'real' competition for Newton

94 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No one actually expects Jimmy to be much of a factor anymore. That's why we the used #1 pick on another QB.

He is terrible, he gets tackled at the first point of contact, he can't make the necessary deep throws, and his teammates don't respect him.

Exactly this. :cam:

Posted · Report post

Ok but uhhh

Dammit kitten, I had a response but now I can't think straight due to the bouncing bottom. :)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need to bring in a VERY good Vet QB.

Vet QB that would know his role?

Jake?

:leaving:

Posted · Report post

Vet QB that would know his role?

Jake?

:leaving:

Exactly that's the biggest thing imo I feel Cam can contribute early in his career just needs a mentor that like you said knows his role on our squad. Wouldn't mind Jake if he didn't have to rely on him to play.

Posted · Report post

Why not Jake?? He fits the criteria everyone keeps putting out there for a vet QB.

If you get a vet you don't want to play isn't that just a QB coach?? And don't we have one already???

Posted · Report post

I really don't think we want Jake teaching. I love him, but I Jake was never a technician or student of the position. He was a gunslinger. He could teach him how to act like a pro, but that's about it.

Posted · Report post

I really don't think we want Jake teaching. I love him, but I Jake was never a technician or student of the position. He was a gunslinger. He could teach him how to act like a pro, but that's about it.
That would do Clausen some good. He might learn a thing or two about leadership.

Posted · Report post

Jake Delhomme was a much smarter QB than some of you want to give him credit for.

I don't think we should get Delhomme. I think we should keep Matt Moore, but the general sentiment to me has been "We really need a vet QB who has had success that doesn't mind being a mentor for the younger QBs we have on this roster.... as long as it isn't Jake Delhomme".

Beggers can't be choosers and Delhomme would actually fit the mold that you are looking for better than any QB that will be available in the FA market.

Every other FA I can think of will either want to start or be on a contending team.

Almost no one that is worth a flip at QB will think, "I want to go to a team that was 2-14 and I likely won't have a chance to start after this year"

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Now that we have a black Athletic QB draftee we can talk down to all other QB's who have made it into he NFL

Got it.

Posted · Report post

Not all, but some.

Posted · Report post

Panthers won't get a good Vet QB, because they will want to start. Panthers will likely want Cam to start from opening day. They will at least give him every chance and more, even if a Vet outplays him, they will still lean toward Cam. Best they can hope for is a career backup to show up. I think they might keep Moore around, with the intention of letting him play the first 4-5 weeks if Cam isn't ready and then letting Cam come in.

But again most likely Cam starts week one.

Posted · Report post

I just think that he needs to be pushed and I don't think Rivera is gonna hand him everything on a silver plate.