panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Love it!

BIG game tomorrow...WAKE @ DUKE....DUKE needs this one....

Will enjoy this Tar Whores loss for today though! Go Duke!

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

I wouldn't call them a scrub team. In fact, Maryland has pretty much owned UNC at college park over the last 10 years or so.

Wake loses to scrub teams. 1-3 against the bottom 4 teams, 6-0 against the top 5.

#4 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

can someone please tell me why and how UNC lost? i didn't see the game

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

They choked... they were up like 9 with about 1:30 left and forgot how to stop the shot. MD hit a three and setup the full-court press and Lawson forgot how to dribble apparently. MD tied it up and then took it to OT. UNC choked.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,953 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

Maryland was getting open looks from the perimeter for most of the game, but for the first 30 minutes, they were missing them. In the last 10 minutes of regulation, they didn't miss many, while UNC missed quite a few.

Maryland scored 39 points off of threes, carolina scored 15.

Vasquez played lights out. 35 points and had a triple double. He had more assists by himself than UNC had as a team.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 21 February 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#7 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Inside of the final 6 minutes of regulation, Hansbrough, Ellington and Green all missed a ft a piece. That would have been enough to seal the deal in regulation...But, yeah, that last minute and a half was great by Maryland and horrific by the Heels.

For whatever reason, the Heels have always had a problem on rotations for kick out threes. It's the damndest thing I've ever seen...Hell, I can fix that problem in a pick-up game.

#8 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

He had more assists by himself than UNC had as a team.

i find that hard to believe, but since UNC lost, it's believable. it almost seems as if they forgot how to play basketball completely by the way you all are talking about the collapse

if UNC don't get better, we're not getting far in the tournament

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

We'll get far in the tourney, I have no doubt about that. Maryland routinely plays UNC tough in their house. After we started 0-2, I thought we'd end up with 4 losses in the ACC by the end. I don't think we'll drop another one from here on out...we'll get to the final four.

BTW...we are still in sole possession of first place in the ACC no matter what happens with Wake and dook and we WILL smack dook down in Chapel Hill.

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

i find that hard to believe, but since UNC lost, it's believable. it almost seems as if they forgot how to play basketball completely by the way you all are talking about the collapse

if UNC don't get better, we're not getting far in the tournament

It wasn't a doom or gloom deal...Great rally by Maryland, and the Heels just didn't make one more shot or FT in regulation to end the thing. It happens.

#11 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

choking in march is a roy williams thing. he had tons of talent in kansas and UNC, yet could only win once I believe.

with the talent he's had at UNC/Kansas, there is no reason why he shouldn't have at least 4-6 titles by now.

#12 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

choking in march is a roy williams thing. he had tons of talent in kansas and UNC, yet could only win once I believe.

with the talent he's had at UNC/Kansas, there is no reason why he shouldn't have at least 4-6 titles by now.

You're insane. This isn't the 60's where Wooden had ALL the best players. College basketball has tons of great players nowadays. You make it sound like Roy gets the top 5 kids every year. No doubt he gets great classes, but I don't care how good a coach you are...you're not winning like Wooden. Won't EVER happen again. Look at all the great coaches in the NCAA today...Calhoun (2 titles), KRat (3 titles), Boeheim (1 title), Tom Izzo (2 titles), Lute Olsen (1 title), Rick Barnes is a great coach (although I can't stand him)...and he's got ZERO titles. So lay off the hyperbole.

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

Things happen in the tournament. For instance, Roy's Kansas team that lost to Syracuse didn't make their FT's...Missed 19 for the game and lost by six points...Can't blame the coach for poor shooting. No coach is winning 6 championships.

#14 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

I do have one complaint...The tackling of Lawson late on the steal and on the two layup attempts kinda pissed me off.

#15 jabbo420

jabbo420

on the ragged edge

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

five assists for the whole game and no defense. bring bobby jones or dudley bradley back and show these boys how to defend. hell, i'll take some jackie manuel defense from anybody!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.