Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox

UNC: Yet ANOTHER loss to a scrub ACC team

46 posts in this topic

choking in march is a roy williams thing. he had tons of talent in kansas and UNC, yet could only win once I believe.

with the talent he's had at UNC/Kansas, there is no reason why he shouldn't have at least 4-6 titles by now.

choking in march is a roy williams thing. he had tons of talent in kansas and UNC, yet could only win once I believe.

with the talent he's had at UNC/Kansas, there is no reason why he shouldn't have at least 4-6 titles by now.

You're insane. This isn't the 60's where Wooden had ALL the best players. College basketball has tons of great players nowadays. You make it sound like Roy gets the top 5 kids every year. No doubt he gets great classes, but I don't care how good a coach you are...you're not winning like Wooden. Won't EVER happen again. Look at all the great coaches in the NCAA today...Calhoun (2 titles), KRat (3 titles), Boeheim (1 title), Tom Izzo (2 titles), Lute Olsen (1 title), Rick Barnes is a great coach (although I can't stand him)...and he's got ZERO titles. So lay off the hyperbole.

Things happen in the tournament. For instance, Roy's Kansas team that lost to Syracuse didn't make their FT's...Missed 19 for the game and lost by six points...Can't blame the coach for poor shooting. No coach is winning 6 championships.

I do have one complaint...The tackling of Lawson late on the steal and on the two layup attempts kinda pissed me off.

five assists for the whole game and no defense. bring bobby jones or dudley bradley back and show these boys how to defend. hell, i'll take some jackie manuel defense from anybody!

^ all that and it still shouldnt have gone to OT.

Dean had more talent than Roy, and only won 2. Guess he was a choker as well. :)

I do have one complaint...The tackling of Lawson late on the steal and on the two layup attempts kinda pissed me off.

Don't about the second one, but I agree on the first. Lawson was definitely fouled. But its not likely that it would have made a difference in the outcome. He wasn't fouled in the act of shooting a three, so he would have had to make the first one, miss the second, and hope for a lucky rebound and shot to tie.

Dean had more talent than Roy, and only won 2. Guess he was a choker as well. :)
Dean sure did have more talent. I don't get people that think a coach in today's college game can expect to win multiple championships. I mean look at Wake when they had Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan was one of the best big men ALL TIME in college basketball, and they didn't win one...I don't even think they got to a final four did they? Could be wrong about that. But Odom wasn't a bad coach and Prosser wasn't a bad coach. To win a championship, you have to have all the stars align...it's not just about having the most talent. That's one thing that makes the NCAA tournament so great.

Can't believe some of the shitty calls. And most here know i never complain about the refs but there was some real shitty officiated against UNC tonight.