• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

^ all that and it still shouldnt have gone to OT.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

choking in march is a roy williams thing. he had tons of talent in kansas and UNC, yet could only win once I believe.

with the talent he's had at UNC/Kansas, there is no reason why he shouldn't have at least 4-6 titles by now.

Dean had more talent than Roy, and only won 2. Guess he was a choker as well. :)

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

I do have one complaint...The tackling of Lawson late on the steal and on the two layup attempts kinda pissed me off.

Don't about the second one, but I agree on the first. Lawson was definitely fouled. But its not likely that it would have made a difference in the outcome. He wasn't fouled in the act of shooting a three, so he would have had to make the first one, miss the second, and hope for a lucky rebound and shot to tie.

#19 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Dean had more talent than Roy, and only won 2. Guess he was a choker as well. :)

Dean sure did have more talent. I don't get people that think a coach in today's college game can expect to win multiple championships. I mean look at Wake when they had Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan was one of the best big men ALL TIME in college basketball, and they didn't win one...I don't even think they got to a final four did they? Could be wrong about that. But Odom wasn't a bad coach and Prosser wasn't a bad coach. To win a championship, you have to have all the stars align...it's not just about having the most talent. That's one thing that makes the NCAA tournament so great.

#20 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

Can't believe some of the shitty calls. And most here know i never complain about the refs but there was some real shitty officiated against UNC tonight.

#21 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Dean sure did have more talent. I don't get people that think a coach in today's college game can expect to win multiple championships. I mean look at Wake when they had Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan was one of the best big men ALL TIME in college basketball, and they didn't win one...I don't even think they got to a final four did they? Could be wrong about that. But Odom wasn't a bad coach and Prosser wasn't a bad coach. To win a championship, you have to have all the stars align...it's not just about having the most talent. That's one thing that makes the NCAA tournament so great.

The only Wake team that truly disappointed me in not making a final four was the Childress Duncan team. Childress got the flu, and had a terrible game against Oklahoma and that cost us big time. The early 2000 teams really didn't have the talent level that a Duke/UNC team normally has. They had a single great one (Josh Howard and Chris Paul) along with some role players.

The current team has the most talent I have ever seen at Wake, and they have a shot at a final four either this year or next (if they all come back). But they still have a flaw in that they only have one legit 3pt threat (although Gary Clark is starting to hit some over the last three games).

I agree with you about the championship though. In a one and done tournament with 64 teams, its just too difficult to win it all. It takes talent and luck, and more than likely competing for it year after year.

#23 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

basketball in the acc is all about momentum. Any team can beat any other team if the momentum is in their favor. Carolina outplayed Maryland the whole game until the end. Maryland had a couple of big plays that sparked the crowd and the crowd in turn sparked the team. Once they got the momentum, the heels couldn't stop them, partly because they didn't miss from that point on it seemed like. No one should be terribly surprised by this because maryland always plays us tough, especially at their place.

Even though I am terribly unhappy about the loss, I must say that I am beginning to see more and more that Ty Lawson is our best player by far. We would fall apart if he wasn't here.

#24 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

Vasquez has always been a thorn in Heel's side.

I don't understand why Frasor was not covering him the last 2 minutes or in O/T.

Bobby is our best defensive player out front without Ginyard .

But its the ACC and the season does not matter as any team in the ACC can beat any other team during season .

#25 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

The bottom line is the Heels missed 3 ft's in the final six minutes that would have iced the game...Green, Ellington and Hansbrough. They needed two of those to drop and Maryland can't tie at the end. I did think the refs missed the tackle on Lawson that resulted in the two points at the end of regulation. Lawson should've been at the line. The charge on Hansbrough late was bad too as he was being clobbered in the head from behind.

#26 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Really? You can bring this in after your Clemson game the other week? Wow!

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

hahahahahahaha

#28 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

hahahahahahaha

Glad we could amuse you. Hope you're laughing in March... :lol:

#29 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

hahahahahahaha

Says the man whose team has lost 13 out of the last 14 against UNC and whose team will be getting beat very soon in the NIT.

#30 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

hahahahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.