• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#76 bbell21

bbell21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

I just want to know why anyone would take the time to worry about what some of this so called experts (Charlie Casserly) cough cough have tp say. After all isn't Casserly the same guy who picked David Carr first over all when he was the Texans GM back in 02, yeah I really trust his "expert opinion on drafting a QB"! LMAO

#77 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

Jimmy Clausen single-handedly killed for me the argument in favor of picking college QB's just because they come from a "pro-style" offense.

#78 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,051 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

I just want to know why anyone would take the time to worry about what some of this so called experts (Charlie Casserly) cough cough have tp say. After all isn't Casserly the same guy who picked David Carr first over all when he was the Texans GM back in 02, yeah I really trust his "expert opinion on drafting a QB"! LMAO

Carr wasn't the problem, zero protection was. They had plans, but one dude retired, another went down in TC. There's more to it than what it appears.

#79 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Carr wasn't the problem, zero protection was. They had plans, but one dude retired, another went down in TC. There's more to it than what it appears.

Carr's problem wasn't protection. It was his unwillingness to ever throw the ball. That and the fact he was in a constant state of undue panic.

#80 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,051 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Carr's problem wasn't protection. It was his unwillingness to ever throw the ball. That and the fact he was in a constant state of undue panic.

Dude didn't even have time to throw, as a result of his repeated beatings be got tentative and it only got worse. Protection was definitely the issue and even Casserly admits they set him up to fail in that regard.

#81 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Carr was most definitely the problem. Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning were hit just as hard and just as often as rookies, but they didn't fold under the pressure.

#82 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Carr was the problem. Poor QB play and poor decision making is an OL's worst nightmare.....b/c it gives the illusion they are doing a worse job than they really are doing.

The Texans got so frustrated with it they finally at the end just called him on it all.

If QB #1 takes 57 sacks and QB #2 who takes 57....that alone doesn't mean they had the same poor OL protection.

#83 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

carr didn't start off with the greatest of intestinal fortitudes. he wasn't that great to begin with. problem were as much his fault as anyones. his inability to rise above his difficulties were all on him, though.

people give too much credit to the houston Oline and not enough to carr for his demise.

#84 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Sacks Given Up by Houston

2004- 49 - coach 1
2005 -68 - coach 1
2006 -41 - new coach but Carr still going down
-----------post Carr
2007-29 - Scuab and Sage combined....funny how the sacks taken DRAMATICALLY changed when you remove Carr from the equation.

David Carr effect. Put Jimmy Clausen on any team in the NFCS last season and you could complain abot the OL. David Carr effect.

#85 HsvPantherFan

HsvPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

First post. Can't wait to watch Carolina this year. Cam is a playmaker.

SIAP. Interview from WarEagle Extra with Gus Malzahn in Columbus, Ga. last night. Gus said Cam refuses to lose. I know that's right.

http://www.wareaglee...e-anybody-else/

#86 WarDamnAWK

WarDamnAWK

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

I honestly believe you guys have drafted a great Quarterback and person.

Listen, as an Auburn Alum and fan, I watched Cam play all 13 games this season live.

You will receive relentless crap from naysayers and idiots that want to claim:

1. Cam is a cheat.

2. Cam took money.

3. Simple Offense.

4. Fake Smile.

etc...

Let me tell you this, he is a winner. When you draft a franchise Quarterback, that is what you want. You want a person that never quits...A person that never gives up even if the whole world is against them...When you are down 24 points to a hated rival and everyone gives up, he will not.

Enjoy it, because when you win a Superbowl...people will still hate, but you can just say Lombardi Trophy.

#87 WarDamnAWK

WarDamnAWK

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Oh yeah, and PS...

Ziemba is a hell of a offensive lineman...

and I'm not biased at all.

#88 barrymerritt

barrymerritt

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Here is a link to a similar interview, Gus Malzahn with Auburn beat writer Andy Bitter.

http://www.wareaglee...e-anybody-else/

(I assume you would have taken him No. 1.)

“In my opinion, it’s like passing over (Michael) Jordan.”

Just wanted to add a couple of my own thoughts about Cam ( I am an Auburn alum just for clarification). When the media $hitstorm started to fly at Cam late in the season we got a real glimpse at what kind of leader Cam is. The team rallied around him like nothing I have seen before and his focus was straight ahead an on the field. His speech at halftime of the Iron Bowl is a growing legend in Auburn lore. I will be shocked if he is not a huge success in the NFL. I thought I would never see a better football player than Bo, but he is.

#89 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,496 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

"Like passing up Michael Jordan", "a better football player than Bo (Jackson)"

WOW, What compliments.

Refuse to lose. I know we are past Jake but that was a quality I loved about Jake. He hated losing and alot of times he found a way to WIN... We didn't see it with Moore or Clausen.

IMO that attitude is worth 2 or 3 "W" a season.

#90 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,051 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

Ugh.

More nonsense, more newbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com