130 replies to this topic

#46 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

At the end of the interview, Cam asked Moose what differentiates a team that's 2-14 from a team that's playing for the superbowl, and what they can do or change to get their.

Moose said each players has to sacrifice, and make sure they play their role and play it to the best of their ability.

I really love how he asked Moose that.

#47 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

This guy is a star :cam: we have never had a player like that as far as being media savvy goes.

#48 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

Thats was a excellent question. You cant hate this guy. I see what everyone says about his personality. Just from that interview you heard him talk sincerly about wanting to earn respect and work hard for it. He wants to win.

Thank you Andrew Luck. Hopefully you can design the room we stack our future Lombardis in.:cam::cam::cam::cam:

#49 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

i have to say that there were really no awkward moments or wordings like there have been on tv. did a lot better on the phone.

great interview.

#50 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Love his Charisma and love his attitude.

Will that translate to good QBing play? Time will tell.

Im optimistic but to think without seeing him play on the field yet that we are going to win superbowls is a little premature.

I hope so though.

#51 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

i have to say that there were really no awkward moments or wordings like there have been on tv. did a lot better on the phone.

great interview.

Yeah. No matter how confident you are, when you have your first interview for your new team in front of a room full of reporters, you're going to get the jitters. I think he's overcoming any nerves little by little.

He should be a great media guy the further he goes into his career. Think how great Mcnabb handles the media. I hope he can get to that point.

#52 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Interview Just finished. My overall impression is that this kid is something special. He gave one of the best interviews I've heard not just from a rookie but from any athlete. It was refreshing to hear someone speak without adding a "Ya know what I'm saying" at the end. He mixes up colloquialism and metaphors sometimes but you know what he's saying. He seems like he has his head screwed on straight and one thing he's hammered home in the interview and others is he wants to be great. If I had a dollar for every time I heard him say he wants to be great I'd be almost as rich as he's going to be here are some of the highlights.

Says he has to get in the mindset to work out and get into the play book so he'll be ready when the lockout ends.

First introduction to the Panthers offense began when was going through workouts and interviews. The Panthers gave him 24-48 hours to learn a small playbook before the workouts. Said he pretty much forgot it after workout but when he got the full one last week it came right back to him.

Says its all about time. He wants to devote all his time and energy to learning the playbook, its all about the time he puts in it. He only had a year to learn his JUCO playbook and a year to learn his Auburn playbook.

Says he's met Steve Smith, and doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. He's a "different cat" but hes a professional and respects his hard work. I Couldn't get a real feeling on whether Smitty tipped his hat to him whether he was staying or not.

Says he doesn't just go through one read and run. You can't be a one dimensional QB in the SEC. He's patient in the pocket and his challenge is to become like Brees/Freeman

Wants to become a DC nightmare and have something for everything they throw at him.

His parents have really instilled some good values in him as far as money is concerned and I don't think we'll have to worry about a big entourage or him getting in much trouble.

Knows he has to earn respect and want his teammates respect of him to be high and that has to be earned. He's his own biggest critic, everything people have said about him is fuel to the fire and "when the fires unleashed there will be hell to pay" He knows he needs his team mates respect before he can be the starter.

The whole number issue is manufactured by the media and it's not a big deal to him if he doesn't get it although he would like to keep it since he's the #2 son in his family.

#53 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Damn that interview made his SWAG official.

#54 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

great interview.

He wasnt worried about being scrutinized. He was talking football and was able to be himself. He knows who wants to slay him and who doesnt. That's probably why Nacrockski got a fake smile:cam:

#55 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

How could you hear that interview and still doubt this guy???!!!!??????

Cam for prez 2012!!!!

Mr. Lombardi... We'll be seeing that trophy awfully soon!!!!!!!!!

Cam Newton is gonna make Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera look like Bill Bellicik before it's all said and done! WATCH if u don't belive me!

Edited by TruCatzFan, 05 May 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#56 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have to admit I didn't want us to draft him, but I'm more excited about him than I've ever been about any draft pick. When the fug is preseason going to start?!?!?!

#57 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

I have to admit I didn't want us to draft him, but I'm more excited about him than I've ever been about any draft pick. When the fug is preseason going to start?!?!?!

That would appear to be a $1 billion dollar question man. :(

#58 goodsense83

goodsense83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Excellent interview!

Cam was even more impressive in this interview! Cant wait to see this kid in a PANTHER uniform. Man thats gonna be surreal.

#59 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

http://charlotte.cbs...s-bustin-loose/

Here's a link to the recorded interview in case anyone missed it.

#60 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

I think they'll get it done before training camp starts. Owners dont want to risk losing all that money. They have to come to an agreement. I bet Jerry is eager to get his team out there to see how much revenue his new team is going to bring in.

I hope Cam organizes or meets up with the team for private workouts. Have any other rookies went to team workouts even though they havent been signed?

I hope the media blows up this interview like they do all the other ones.:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com