#61 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,633 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

That analysis is a worst case scenario and highly unlikely. The lockout issue is being fast tracked and will be decided this month from what I have read. So any ongoing negotiations should be back on the table by June. Whoever wins this lockout issue will be in the driver's seat. Owners don't want the lawsuits by Manning and Brady to go forward fearing that it could end things like the draft and salary cap. Players won't be able to hold out to August or September knowing they are going to have to cave anyway if the lockout proceeds.

This is a huge game of chicken. Both sides know they want to play this year and it is really who blinks first.

But I definitely agree with Zod and others who say that this has already hurt the teams with new coaches and staff and rookie players like Newton. The longer it goes, the more at a disadvantage they will be.

#62 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

I can't believe people actually believe this crap. There probably was plenty of factors that went into him staying:

Chance at NCAA Championship
Still having 2 more years of eligibility.
Getting a degree (means something to some people and according to Stanford people on message boards before he even declared his decision, he always hinted he wanted his degree first before joining NFL. Even before he knew what team it would be. That was their argument on why they though Luck was staying another year.)
A lockout that could void a whole season
Better for his career to get more experience in at college.
Dude is going to be rich no matter what. He already is from his family.

There is so many reasons he could of stayed. Instead butt hurt Panther fans think it was cause of the Panthers.

I want to thank Luck for staying in so we could take Newton.

Who is the one that is butthurt? The reasons you listed are just as plausible as the one that I posted.

People go overboard defending a guy who never wanted to be a panther or ever will be. But keep saying things over and over and over again just to ease the pain.

#63 bbfan

bbfan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

add to this delightful scene, the league's toughest schedule

#64 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,361 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

#65 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Why Volek is a must.

Posted Image

#66 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

This just pisses me off because its more about guy with huge egos than it is about 9 billion dollars. Its just stupid that the courts would even want to rule on this.

#67 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,361 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

so when does the ruling happen?

#68 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,519 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

so when does the ruling happen?

Rulings are like women with sex. You get it when they feel Like it and and not min sooner.

#69 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,361 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

hmmm. i thought there was a set deadline time. like friday after the dishes have been done, and the baby is in bed.

#70 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

That analysis is a worst case scenario and highly unlikely. The lockout issue is being fast tracked and will be decided this month from what I have read. So any ongoing negotiations should be back on the table by June. Whoever wins this lockout issue will be in the driver's seat. Owners don't want the lawsuits by Manning and Brady to go forward fearing that it could end things like the draft and salary cap. Players won't be able to hold out to August or September knowing they are going to have to cave anyway if the lockout proceeds.

The hearing is June 3, a decision will come a month to a month and a half after. That's July. You don't think the players will holdout 2 more months? I think they will.

When was the last lockout when games were not missed? Clue: there isn't one.

#71 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,361 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

i are sad

#72 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

The hearing is June 3, a decision will come a month to a month and a half after. That's July. You don't think the players will holdout 2 more months? I think they will.

When was the last lockout when games were not missed? Clue: there isn't one.

But if they don't grant a stay before the hearing then Judge Nelsons injunction holds and it's business as usual....right?

#73 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Yes, at least until the actual ruling on the appeal in July. If Nelson's decision is upheld, we will have camp and a full season. If not, we still could if all sides come together and hold hands, but don't hold your breath. If Nelson is overturned, there will likely be a shortened season.

#74 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

I want to thank Luck for staying in so we could take Newton.

Who is the one that is butthurt? The reasons you listed are just as plausible as the one that I posted.

People go overboard defending a guy who never wanted to be a panther or ever will be. But keep saying things over and over and over again just to ease the pain.

I go with what is more reasonable. All the things I listed or he just didn't want to play for the Panthers.

I'm happy with Cam. If he can live up to potential, there is no need to not be.

People go overboard bashing a guy over and over again saying he stayed in college to avoid the Panthers, which is actually bashing the Panthers as well, when there are more reasonable and honorable reasons for why he wanted to stay then just a dislike for the team he might of been picked by. All to ease their pain of feeling rejected. "He didn't want to come here anyways so screw him. We got Cam now who will be better anyway!"

See I can do that too. Doesn't mean I'm right or you are right. Who knows why he stayed, but I like to go with the reasons that seem more reasonable and realistic then hate.

#75 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Yes, at least until the actual ruling on the appeal in July. If Nelson's decision is upheld, we will have camp and a full season. If not, we still could if all sides come together and hold hands, but don't hold your breath. If Nelson is overturned, there will likely be a shortened season.

Okay, I'm confused I thought they already issued a stay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com