Photo
- - - - -

1 decision away from a lost season...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#97 err456

err456

err456

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

I think Obama/congress is going to have to step in and kick both sides in the ass to get a deal done.

He could send in the seal team.

#98 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

The hearing is June 3, a decision will come a month to a month and a half after. That's July. You don't think the players will holdout 2 more months? I think they will.

When was the last lockout when games were not missed? Clue: there isn't one.

The NFL has to file their brief by May 9th, The players file their response by May 20th, the owners can file file their response to the player's response by the 26th.

Meanwhile court ordered mediation is set to resume on May 16th. Seems to me that once the lockout appeal gets decided, the losing side will capitulate and the agreement will be done by the end of June which is still in time to get in OTAs and training camp.

How many lockouts have there been in the last 40 years?? Clue: there hasn't been one. The last lockout was in 1968. The last strike was in 1987 but they used replacement players and a number of vets were allowed to cross the picket lines. Since the union recertified in 1993 after the settlement which established free agency, there has not been a lockout.

No reason to believe this will drag out into the regular season especially since everyone is making tons of money.