Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhommey

Divorce

72 posts in this topic

Do you think that if the Christian Right campaigned for making divorce illegal (by say, a Constitutional Amendment), and made sure that their own people followed that principle before that campaign, that their moral crusade against homosexual rights might not be derided as hypocritical and self-serving so badly?

I was just thinking that maybe the thinking is that once all teh gheys are gone, the upstanding Christian Men won't be so distracted by their tight pants and perfect hair, so they can then concentrate more on their wives?

The key word to describe marriage is sacrifice, if you're not willing to sacrifice your standards, expectations, authority, time and above all yourself to your spouse it definitely won't work.

In a "ME FIRST" America we live in it's no wonder the divorce rate is so high.

My wife and I were both 19 when we married and have had a crazy rollercoaster ride to today. We are both completely different people than we were back then and if either of us was not willing to sacrifice anything then our marriage would be doomed.

That's the hardest thing for people to grasp, them and there future spouse will change.

I agree with you

sacrifice, communication and compromise make a marriage work..without it, it won't work

the thing that tends to piss me off about a lot of men is when they say "oh look at the mom..that's how your wife is gonna be when she gets old"

who's to say that the man is going to stay "perfect" and not change either. If you really love your wife, is her ass getting a little wide from poppin' out your children really going to steer you away from being with her? Everyone changes...everyone..if you're not ready to deal with that, then don't get married

Get the hell back in the kitchen, woman. Men are speaking here.

you're buying my wine the next time I see you...assface

I was just thinking that maybe the thinking is that once all teh gheys are gone, the upstanding Christian Men won't be so distracted by their tight pants and perfect hair, so they can then concentrate more on their wives?

I'm sorry this is a divorce thread not a swing it to the religious thread, it's amazing that most of you here who can't stand talking about faith based values will swiftly bring it up and bash it.

I'm a hypocrite so what, why don't you grow up and realize i'm a man and flawed.

OH NO A CHRISTIAN ADMITTED HE CAN BE WRONG AHHHH!!!!

OK, now do something to correct the flaw.

you're buying my wine the next time I see you...assface

Deal. Just let me know when it's open.

I love talking about faith based values.

OK, now do something to correct the flaw.

I'll live my life, loving my wife and kids, continue to grow in my faith, and try in some miniscule way to impact this world in a positive way, but while doing so i'll make mistakes, i'll mess up, and will continue to be flawed in some ways, but so will you and every other human, or are you telling me that to correct my flaws would make me an equal to you because you're perfect?

No, but this is an easy one. Work to convince all your Christian friends that they should police themselves morally a lot better before starting out on changing the world. If half of the Christian Right did this, they would be so discouraged implementing morals on their own that the idea of imposing them on other minded people would be seen as the terrible idea that it is.