Photo
- - - - -

Divorce

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#31 Scutty

Scutty

Huddle Kiwi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:29 AM

Because it is to easy to get one.

The throwaway society in which we live

#32 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

Do you know anyone who was raised in a household where parents were abusing them or each other or things of that nature? It would be interesting to see how their feelings on marriage & divorce compare/contrast. I find it tough to believe that children would be more harmed by a divorce of abusive parents, or ones who fought non stop in front of them, etc. than they would if those parents stayed together. Some of it no doubt has to do with how the parents handle the divorce. Most divorced parents I know of have one or the other using the kids as tools to wield power over the other and that, I agree, is very, very damaging to children.

Amen. My marriage was far from abusive, at least physically abusive, but I knew our relationship was damaging to my children. They have thanked me more than a few times for finally divorcing. They have a great relationship with me and with their dad -- and he and I get along famously now -- but they know they were better off after the divorce.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

I find it amazing that not a single one of my friends comes from a home where the parents are/have been divorced...and it's been that way for a while. The kids I grew up around all the way to my friends today.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

I find it amazing that not a single one of my friends comes from a home where the parents are/have been divorced...and it's been that way for a while. The kids I grew up around all the way to my friends today.

Mainly I'm like that. At least with my close friends.

When people start talking about their step-siblings and extended family from second and third marriages my eyes glaze over like they were trying to talk Advanced Calculus in a bar. I have no idea how to relate.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

Exactly. I've brought it up to a couple of them a few years back and they were kind of surprised by it as well.

#36 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

The key word to describe marriage is sacrifice, if you're not willing to sacrifice your standards, expectations, authority, time and above all yourself to your spouse it definitely won't work.

In a "ME FIRST" America we live in it's no wonder the divorce rate is so high.

My wife and I were both 19 when we married and have had a crazy rollercoaster ride to today. We are both completely different people than we were back then and if either of us was not willing to sacrifice anything then our marriage would be doomed.

That's the hardest thing for people to grasp, them and there future spouse will change.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

Do you think that if the Christian Right campaigned for making divorce illegal (by say, a Constitutional Amendment), and made sure that their own people followed that principle before that campaign, that their moral crusade against homosexual rights might not be derided as hypocritical and self-serving so badly?

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Naaaaaaaaaaah.

#39 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

I was just thinking that maybe the thinking is that once all teh gheys are gone, the upstanding Christian Men won't be so distracted by their tight pants and perfect hair, so they can then concentrate more on their wives?

#40 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

The key word to describe marriage is sacrifice, if you're not willing to sacrifice your standards, expectations, authority, time and above all yourself to your spouse it definitely won't work.

In a "ME FIRST" America we live in it's no wonder the divorce rate is so high.

My wife and I were both 19 when we married and have had a crazy rollercoaster ride to today. We are both completely different people than we were back then and if either of us was not willing to sacrifice anything then our marriage would be doomed.

That's the hardest thing for people to grasp, them and there future spouse will change.

I agree with you

sacrifice, communication and compromise make a marriage work..without it, it won't work

the thing that tends to piss me off about a lot of men is when they say "oh look at the mom..that's how your wife is gonna be when she gets old"

who's to say that the man is going to stay "perfect" and not change either. If you really love your wife, is her ass getting a little wide from poppin' out your children really going to steer you away from being with her? Everyone changes...everyone..if you're not ready to deal with that, then don't get married

#41 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

Get the hell back in the kitchen, woman. Men are speaking here.

#42 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:40 AM

you're buying my wine the next time I see you...assface

#43 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

I was just thinking that maybe the thinking is that once all teh gheys are gone, the upstanding Christian Men won't be so distracted by their tight pants and perfect hair, so they can then concentrate more on their wives?

I'm sorry this is a divorce thread not a swing it to the religious thread, it's amazing that most of you here who can't stand talking about faith based values will swiftly bring it up and bash it.

I'm a hypocrite so what, why don't you grow up and realize i'm a man and flawed.

OH NO A CHRISTIAN ADMITTED HE CAN BE WRONG AHHHH!!!!

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

OK, now do something to correct the flaw.

#45 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

you're buying my wine the next time I see you...assface

Deal. Just let me know when it's open.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com