71 replies to this topic

#46 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

I love talking about faith based values.

#47 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

OK, now do something to correct the flaw.

I'll live my life, loving my wife and kids, continue to grow in my faith, and try in some miniscule way to impact this world in a positive way, but while doing so i'll make mistakes, i'll mess up, and will continue to be flawed in some ways, but so will you and every other human, or are you telling me that to correct my flaws would make me an equal to you because you're perfect?

Edited by N1kkadeemuz, 24 February 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#48 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

No, but this is an easy one. Work to convince all your Christian friends that they should police themselves morally a lot better before starting out on changing the world. If half of the Christian Right did this, they would be so discouraged implementing morals on their own that the idea of imposing them on other minded people would be seen as the terrible idea that it is.

#49 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

No, but this is an easy one. Work to convince all your Christian friends that they should police themselves morally a lot better before starting out on changing the world. If half of the Christian Right did this, they would be so discouraged implementing morals on their own that the idea of imposing them on other minded people would be seen as the terrible idea that it is.

That's a great idea, (no sarcasm), I wish the image the Conservative Christian presented was better. I'm sure that we all could take the advice you just gave me, take out the words Christian, and it would make all of us better. I have arrived at a place in my mind where I know that only those willing to accept help, advice or just plain time accept it or want it. My position morally should not impose on you, unless your position imposes on me and vice versa, thus the thinking of any upright human am I correct?

#50 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

Of course.

But them I've seen the argument for, say, "Just letting my daughter see two men hold hands in public is imposing their will onto me, so I need to fight that".

I don't like seeing that either, or gay parades for that matter - I am personally uncomfortable with that kind of thing. But at the same time it would be hypocritical of me to come out against them - I just put up with it as the price of living in a free society, just like I have to put up with the people that feel that "curing" gays is a noble cause and such.

#51 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

Of course.

But them I've seen the argument for, say, "Just letting my daughter see two men hold hands in public is imposing their will onto me, so I need to fight that".

I don't like seeing that either, or gay parades for that matter - I am personally uncomfortable with that kind of thing. But at the same time it would be hypocritical of me to come out against them - I just put up with it as the price of living in a free society, just like I have to put up with the people that feel that "curing" gays is a noble cause and such.

But you don't seem to want to "put up with" people who believe things you don't believe. It is, as you said, the price of living in a free society.

#52 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

Of course.

Dude seriuosly how did my little advice post about divorce turn into this crap, we're arguing in another thread and in this one, till we arrive at a conclusion we both already had.

Why'd you start bringing up Christian stuff?

#53 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

But you don't seem to want to "put up with" people who believe things you don't believe. It is, as you said, the price of living in a free society.

For example, I have no problem with people believing that men can't marry. I do have a problem with people who want to make sure that men can't marry. Is it possible for you to see the difference?

#54 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Dude seriuosly how did my little advice post about divorce turn into this crap, we're arguing in another thread and in this one, till we arrive at a conclusion we both already had.

Why'd you start bringing up Christian stuff?

Because I was bored waiting on my soaps to start. That and I just thought about how people on this board talk about divorce as something that is a necessary evil in a lot of cases, and how that pertains to the idea that when we marry, the religious text specifies "til death do us part". When brought up against common sense and peoples personal experience, that idea fails utterly, as much as it hurts me to say so.

Take that same common sense and apply it to people who have a different sexual identity than you, and suddenly it gets thrown out the window in favor of "cures" and legislation of morals, and I guess I wanted to kind of put that out there.

#55 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Because I was bored waiting on my soaps to start. That and I just thought about how people on this board talk about divorce as something that is a necessary evil in a lot of cases, and how that pertains to the idea that when we marry, the religious text specifies "til death do us part". When brought up against common sense and peoples personal experience, that idea fails utterly, as much as it hurts me to say so.

Take that same common sense and apply it to people who have a different sexual identity than you, and suddenly it gets thrown out the window in favor of "cures" and legislation of morals, and I guess I wanted to kind of put that out there.

hmmmm....

:D

#56 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

It's true, I want you. Now.

#57 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

It's true, I want you. Now.

Ask the wife, I got clear everything through her.

#58 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

Everything I've found has said that Nevada has the highest divorce rate- by FAR. I wonder why? :lol:

#59 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

Ask the wife, I got clear everything through her.

email/pics? Since I'm an amoral heathen, I'd like a choice....

#60 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

email/pics? Since I'm an amoral heathen, I'd like a choice....

You had to go there just when I was starting to like you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.