Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Mills Fan

Smitty to Chargers rumors heating up

118 posts in this topic

I don't get it.....

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but I don't want to sign a new contract. I'd like to go somewhere else to further my career." Julius Peppers is an asshole.

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but I've gotten a better offer from another team, and I have to do what's best for my family and myself." Muhsin Muhammed is an asshole.

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but, even though I'm still under contract, I'd like to finish my career somewhere else. Just so I can get better numbers." Steve Smith is a saint.

The owner has treated him extremely well, probably better than he desired given the attack on two team mates.

3 :rolleyes:

Can we ever get f*cking players to retire here? Jeez this is pure bullsh*t

Players don't stick around with teams, unless they've accomplished what their biggest goal was... WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP! I mean, Ray Lewis in Baltimore is one of the few exceptions! He's gone through multiple coaches and changes and still stuck around! Bottom line is, he won a championship, so it isn't like he needs to go anywhere else to prove anything else to anybody.

Steve Smith on the other hand isn't getting any younger and he wants to win now. The Panthers are a PROJECT these days. It's a mess. I can't blame him for wanting to leave.

As far as the Charges go, isn't he from California? It might be a family thing. Not sure.

Because, remember, there is no "I" in team, but there is one in Smith.

Hoover and Goings retired here...involuntarily.

Minter was a career panther as well, no?

Almost all big time offensive players seem to leave their teams and go elsewhere. That's the beauty and the beast of free agency.

If Smith does go to the Chargers, I could see the Panthers making a strong push for Malcom Floyd if there is ever free agency.

V-Jax is a good player...he also seems to have a bit of a drinking problem...what is it two suspensions for two DUIs...I forget so many of these players can seem to stay within the rules.

Floyd and a draft choice...I'd do it.

For fourth round I eat it and make him sit out. That is nothing in this league. 2nd or higher or proven players in return. Period.

See thats the problem once it's stated we are shopping a player, his value goes down. Our best chance is for the teams to get in a bidding war. Maybe an Oak 3rd but SD or Balt 2nd's or it's a failure. While the hell couldnt he keep his big mouth shut and let the trade happen behind closed doors instead of making it public? Immediately decreases his value and screws the Panthers.