117 replies to this topic

#106 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

What makes Reed second rate, not working for ESPN? Reed is as credible as they come and hasn't given any reason to have his integrity challenged.

Wrong info from time to time, but he wouldn't just make up a conversation with a player.

He does take stabs in the dark sometimes and looks foolish after but mostly he is credible. Darin Gantt was and Yas is the last best IMO as of now.

#107 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:38 PM

Well, you certainly did quickly shut the hell up once JOAT slapped you around a bit.

Huh?

Steve Smith have not said what JOAT claimed. Not that we know of. End of story.

#108 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

Smith has been, and is pretty well paid.

The Panthers (Siefert) took a chance on him in drafting him in the 3rd. They gave him a chance and he worked to earn a receiver position in addition to returner. He has had some nasty altercations with team mates that would put most of us in jail for assault.
The owner has treated him extremely well, probably better than he deserved given the attack on two team mates.

This past year, he made a few mistakes that didn't exactly help out any.

If he wants to go, go as long as the Panthers get something in return for him.

It is true he competes. It is probably true that with a better QB situation he could have made the HOF...we will never know.

It is also true that he could stay with the team who has protected and paid him and try and turn the franchise backaround. The future is bright for he Panthers and he probably has 4 years left in him. He actually said he'd rather play the 'slot' last year, right.

His pay would not be any more than it is now with SD or any other team. IT would proably be less.

Regardless, he is under contract to the Panthers. He will do as told and like it or not get paid.

Edited by raleigh-panther, 08 May 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#109 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

Vincent Jackson is hardly "a king's ransom". He hardly has any more trade value than Smitty...he's never been as talented (although good, but not Smitty good), he's only 2 or 3 years younger, and he's a DUI away from a year long suspension. He's an alcoholic with an attitude problem (and not in a good way like Smitty).

I am not saying that he is a Kings ransom to anyone but the Chargers.

They just franchised him, meaning they plan on paying him at least 10 million....sounds like a Kings ransom to me.

VJ is much more talented than Smith, but so are many starting WR's in the league, SS just has more drive.

And he certainly has more trade value, he is getting better every year, and does not have a crazy expensive contract that another team would have to absorb. Not to mention has never had a problem on the field, or in the locker room.

#110 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

I don't get it.....

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but I don't want to sign a new contract. I'd like to go somewhere else to further my career." Julius Peppers is an asshole.

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but I've gotten a better offer from another team, and I have to do what's best for my family and myself." Muhsin Muhammed is an asshole.

"I appreciate everything the Carolina Panthers have done for me, but, even though I'm still under contract, I'd like to finish my career somewhere else. Just so I can get better numbers." Steve Smith is a saint.

#111 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

The owner has treated him extremely well, probably better than he desired given the attack on two team mates.

3 :rolleyes:

#112 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Can we ever get f*cking players to retire here? Jeez this is pure bullsh*t

Players don't stick around with teams, unless they've accomplished what their biggest goal was... WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP! I mean, Ray Lewis in Baltimore is one of the few exceptions! He's gone through multiple coaches and changes and still stuck around! Bottom line is, he won a championship, so it isn't like he needs to go anywhere else to prove anything else to anybody.

Steve Smith on the other hand isn't getting any younger and he wants to win now. The Panthers are a PROJECT these days. It's a mess. I can't blame him for wanting to leave.

As far as the Charges go, isn't he from California? It might be a family thing. Not sure.

#113 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Because, remember, there is no "I" in team, but there is one in Smith.

#114 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hoover and Goings retired here...involuntarily.

Minter was a career panther as well, no?

#115 AnalyzeThIs#28

AnalyzeThIs#28

Beware of Smash&Dash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Almost all big time offensive players seem to leave their teams and go elsewhere. That's the beauty and the beast of free agency.

#116 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

If Smith does go to the Chargers, I could see the Panthers making a strong push for Malcom Floyd if there is ever free agency.

#117 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:00 PM

V-Jax is a good player...he also seems to have a bit of a drinking problem...what is it two suspensions for two DUIs...I forget so many of these players can seem to stay within the rules.

Floyd and a draft choice...I'd do it.

#118 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

For fourth round I eat it and make him sit out. That is nothing in this league. 2nd or higher or proven players in return. Period.

See thats the problem once it's stated we are shopping a player, his value goes down. Our best chance is for the teams to get in a bidding war. Maybe an Oak 3rd but SD or Balt 2nd's or it's a failure. While the hell couldnt he keep his big mouth shut and let the trade happen behind closed doors instead of making it public? Immediately decreases his value and screws the Panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.