Photo
- - - - -

Brett Favre?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

#17 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Actually at this point I really wouldn't mind having jake back here. What would it hurt? Have him as our vet FA, it would make our QB roster so strong. Hey, maybe Jake wasn't the best QB ever, but he showed that he could win games as our QB.

he would have some pointers, something to teach Cam and Jimmy. And if he had to start, we would at least have a chance in winning.

Whatever, I just want Cam to be the guy. Everyone else is just backup.

#18 Starscream

Starscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him back this year as our starter. We're pretty sure we're not gonna make the playoffs anyway this year. We are in building mode. Let Jake start, and work with these two young men.

#19 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

or pretty much own every major record as a passer.

When you attempt almost 2000 more passes than anyone else you better hold a few records.

#20 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm not sure you'd want Jake mentoring someone on fundamentals or how to be a good QB exactly, but he sure could teach young players how to be a professional in the league, how to lead your team, and how to take blame when blame is due. And also some humility.

#21 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

I'm not sure you'd want Jake mentoring someone on fundamentals or how to be a good QB exactly, but he sure could teach young players how to be a professional in the league, how to lead your team, and how to take blame when blame is due. And also some humility.

Mentoring is about preparation, setting the example on how to be a leader, and embracing the role of QB.

The fundamentals is why we pay Coach Shula a fairly large amount of money.

#22 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

Luckily, I'll be in Basic Training sweating my balls off in South Carolina when grandpa gets that "itch".......because we all know he is going to get that "itch". Then ESPN will show video of him throwing with the high schoolers. Its just going to happen. I've seen this movie too many times. Anyway, why not? If you don't think we will be any good next year (which for the record, I think we can compete for the playoffs with this team + some FA pickups) then what is there to lose? Who better to show Cam the ropes then the greatest QB alive imo? Sell some tickets, and have some fun....maybe he catches lighting in a bottle again..

When did Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, & Joe Montana die? Because they are all better QB's than old #4.

#23 Ares d9

Ares d9

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

We don't need a good on-field QB to mentor Cam. Just one who is level-headed, a team player, & willing to understand his role is to help develop Cam. On & off the field as the team leader & face of the team AND the Carolina's.

And that is a positive I see in Cam. We have a high profile rookie QB who wants to be here & become the face of our community for many years to come.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

One of the best, love him.

So do I, historically speaking.

As far as having him on the team now though? Not even at gunpoint :nonod:

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

i actually think this would be a good thing, but then my expectations of a vet QB here are different than what others have.

i would only like him as a back up to cam and as an experienced voice in meetings and experienced eyes on the sidelines.

he could do the job for a couple games if needed, but hopefully that wouldn't be the case very often.

he would be a great mentor to newton, imo.

i don't think favre would help with helping him learn the system, but for reading defenses and other areas of QBing he would be great.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

System wise, probably not. I don't know that he's ever played in anything outside of a WCO type system.

#27 TheWiz

TheWiz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

Pllleeeeease God no.

Dumbest idea since the peanutbutter and jelly swirl in the same jar.

Edited by goodsense83, 09 May 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#28 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

It is good to see that Not-Awesomeness doesn't limit the stupid thread creation to just the Tinderbox.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

System wise, probably not. I don't know that he's ever played in anything outside of a WCO type system.

i don't think he has, although i'm not really sure what they ran/run in new york. some kind of bastardized WCO or something. i do think that he knows enough about the job that he could jump in anywhere and do fairly well, though. it would help if the language was made/kept simple. not just the language, though.

"Every playbook across this league is way too thick," Favre said. "You never practice it all. How can you become consistent if you're running a different play every week out of a different formation with a different motion with different guys?"
http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5847763

they would be starting off rather simple for either newton or clausen and probably with any QB they had in there as the system was learned by the team. as time went on they would be expanding/modifying things, but that would be over the course of a couple years. so it wouldn't really negatively impact favre's ability to learn the offense. in fact they would probably have a simple/streamlined playbook just for him (as they probably do/would for any QB on the team).

#30 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Luckily, I'll be in Basic Training sweating my balls off in South Carolina when grandpa gets that "itch".......because we all know he is going to get that "itch". Then ESPN will show video of him throwing with the high schoolers. Its just going to happen. I've seen this movie too many times. Anyway, why not? If you don't think we will be any good next year (which for the record, I think we can compete for the playoffs with this team + some FA pickups) then what is there to lose? Who better to show Cam the ropes then the greatest QB alive imo? Sell some tickets, and have some fun....maybe he catches lighting in a bottle again..

Could someone change him to Huddle Dumbass please?