Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time I ever used a coupon at a restaurant

233 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I took my wife to dinner tonight up at Mortons off of W. Trade in the beautiful uptown of Charlotte. I went on their website today to confirm resrevation times and I saw this Mortons Three Course Dinner Special. For $109 you get two salads, two fillet's, choice of a seafood (I had the crab cake and wife had the shrimp alexander), two veggies, and desert. I never use coupons or take advantage of these specials because, to be honest, I find it a little embarrassing. Flame me if you want, but I'm not a coupon guy. Well, I popped my cherry tonight and used the coupon and to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Nobody laughed but I was extra careful on how I presented the coupon.

So do you guys break out the coupons at dinner very often?

By the way, I had the Sierra Nevada "Torpedo" IPA and it is delish at 7.2% alchohol. Also, I believe Charles Godfrey was at the table next to me but I don't jock sniff DBs so I can't confirm.

Posted · Report post

I use them all the time. Typically I say something like "Hey der, I got dis here coopun that gives me one Hardees double cheese for free when I purchase one. I'd like to redeem this here offer at this time."

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

and they do it?

Posted · Report post

I'll fling down the coupon, but always tip well on what the total would have been pre coupon. Especially if the coupon is cheerfully accepted.

Posted · Report post

man, I'll use a coupon quick. Forget embarrassing, I want that extra 35 cents.

But if I eat out, I'll go to restaurant.com and get a $25 gift certificate for $2 when they have specials.

Posted · Report post

So I took my wife to dinner tonight up at Mortons off of W. Trade in the beautiful uptown of Charlotte. I went on their website today to confirm resrevation times and I saw this Mortons Three Course Dinner Special. For $109 you get two salads, two fillet's, choice of a seafood (I had the crab cake and wife had the shrimp alexander), two veggies, and desert.

Holy God, I need a better job.

Posted · Report post

I just say- I have a coupon.

Don't really care what they think or how they react as long as they honor it.

We use coupons all the time, www.restaurant.com is a good site to find some.

Posted · Report post

I rarely if ever use them, I know how it felt back in the day to know that you weren't going to get a good tip for the amount of work provided.

Posted · Report post

fug coupons I eat and dash.

Posted · Report post

I pregamed the other weekend with a sixer of Torpedo. It was a short night.

Posted · Report post

I have no problem with using coupons...

Posted · Report post

i was going into a chick-fil-a one time with a coupon but a bummed asked me for some change so he got a free chicken sandwich instead.