panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

SINGLER!!!

Henderson has a career high 30 tonight!! Way to go Gerald!!!

#4 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

Henderson is going to be a stud in the NBA

Great D right there!! 88-80

#5 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Duke doesn't look like they're having fun?

Man oh man look at Coach K BABY...Hugs all around....lovin' it!!

Nice win !!!

#6 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

glad to see coach K finally implemented Elliot Williams into the lineup. Good to see.

Defense is still very weak against penetration.

Wake Forest is going to be beastly come tournament time. Nothing to hang their heads about this game.

It's still troubling to see Duke missing FT at the end of games. They should have put wake away with about a 1:15 to play.

Good game both way though.

#7 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

This was a loss most of us expected going in...nice to see that they didn't pack it in when down by 22 in the first half. The problem is those losses on our slate against Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Miami.

#8 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Henderson and Scheyer were both seeing huge rims tonight. Elliot Williams is going to be a baller.

Kudos to Wake for battling back from down 20+ against a team playing lights out in their home arena.

#9 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

This was a loss most of us expected going in...nice to see that they didn't pack it in when down by 22 in the first half. The problem is those losses on our slate against Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Miami.

the only thing that hurts is wake's shot at a 1 seed. I think if they had won tonight and then finished the ACC tourney with a strong showing they would have been a guarantee for a 1 seed. Their probably a low 2 seed, high 3 right now....with Duke being in the same space. Unfortuntately, Duke will probably drop a few more along the way and fall back into a low 3, high 4 seed....imo

#10 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

Yes.

Would still like to see Miles play more, but Z logging zero minutes is A-OK with me. Feel sorry for him, but it's best for the team. Elliot is great. This team's energy is already on a different level than it was a week ago since putting Elliot in the starting 5.

Once again, it's going to be a fun March.

#11 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yes.

Would still like to see Miles play more, but Z logging zero minutes is A-OK with me. Feel sorry for him, but it's best for the team. Elliot is great. This team's energy is already on a different level than it was a week ago since putting Elliot in the starting 5.

Why did coach K wait so freaking long to put him in the lineup??? I watch duke play as much as i watch carolina play but the other night against St. Johns, he was dominating. I had to ask who that guy was though because I have never seen him play before that I can remember. Dude can ball.

#12 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yes.

I hope your right, but defensively, this team has to get better against the penetration. Duke is getting scored on easily when the opposing team is penetrating. The team did a better job when they went into the zone. I was screaming for K to go zone with williams on teague up top when Wake was making its comeback. I think that is the best way to beat Wake. Zone them and make Smith and Teague beat you from the outside.

Should be interesting the rest of the way...especially wednesday night at College Park

#13 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:12 AM

elliot williams, mr basketball state of tennessee in high school. duke stole the best tennesse basketball prospect right out of calipari's nose at memphis, right after he said memphis had better players last year.

#14 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:12 AM

Bullshit.

#15 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Just a few more rants about last night's game.

Some of Wake's defensive rotations last night were puzzling....there were too many times that I saw Henderson matched up on Teague or Smith and he took advantage of that one just about every single time. Chas Mcfarland's got to be the biggest foul magnet that I've ever seen...two of his fouls were behind the 3 point line. I could understand if he was getting fouls through contact with Henderson or Singler inside, but against Scheyer behind the 3 point line???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.