Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith reaches out to PFW to address trade rumors

113 posts in this topic

Posted

god what a jerk

Really the message I sent was to my kids: Dad made a mistake. This isn't how we are supposed to live. This isn't what I should be projecting. If we don't do this now, what incentive do I give my kids to reach for? You make a lot of money and then you go blow it? I don't want to be a statistic. I want to be a good steward.

Posted

After reading that article I'm not sure how I feel about the Smitty situation.

"What I have been through, really the last two and even three years, I started to doubt my ability. I have been insecure about playing. At times I often have lined up on Sundays — before and during games — wondering if I would be lucky enough to catch more than one pass."

This line really bothered me! I just can't picture Smitty saying something like this, even if he did think it.

Posted

TBH it just seems he is just as uncertain as we are. Im glade we get to hear his side of the story and it seems he wants to win just as much as us fans do. If he is happy staying here and understand what the situation is. Im happy for him to be here and look forward to him and Cam being a nightmare for DCs.

Posted

tbf i'd doubt I was getting a reception too if Clausen was throwing me the ball.

Posted

I know for a fact that without Steve Smith on the field Cam's struggles will undoubtedly intensify.

Posted

I know for a fact that without Steve Smith on the field Cam's struggles will undoubtedly intensify.

I actually think Smith would be detrimental to Cam's development.

Posted

After reading that article I'm not sure how I feel about the Smitty situation.

This line really bothered me! I just can't picture Smitty saying something like this, even if he did think it.

He is just keeping it real. As much as I love Smith he dropped some balls and had some fumbles. On top of that it did not help having a QB who could not get him the ball on a consistent basis.

Posted

Surprised they didn't ask him about Cam.

Posted

I guess it all depends on Cams leadership skills even as a rookie. I know Cam won't be able to stretch any field with Brandon Lafell or David Gettis as a number 1 receiver.

Posted

I love Smitty, he is my all time fav panther. But I agree, if he isn't 100% on board then it could be last season all over again for smitty.

Posted

It's a catch 22. His athletic ability would be extremely valuable to Cam, but his attitude could be detrimental.

Posted

Sounds like he's maturing.