112 replies to this topic

#16 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

tbf i'd doubt I was getting a reception too if Clausen was throwing me the ball.

#17 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

I know for a fact that without Steve Smith on the field Cam's struggles will undoubtedly intensify.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

I know for a fact that without Steve Smith on the field Cam's struggles will undoubtedly intensify.

I actually think Smith would be detrimental to Cam's development.

#19 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

SS89HOF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

After reading that article I'm not sure how I feel about the Smitty situation.

This line really bothered me! I just can't picture Smitty saying something like this, even if he did think it.

He is just keeping it real. As much as I love Smith he dropped some balls and had some fumbles. On top of that it did not help having a QB who could not get him the ball on a consistent basis.

#20 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Surprised they didn't ask him about Cam.

#21 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

I guess it all depends on Cams leadership skills even as a rookie. I know Cam won't be able to stretch any field with Brandon Lafell or David Gettis as a number 1 receiver.

#22 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

I love Smitty, he is my all time fav panther. But I agree, if he isn't 100% on board then it could be last season all over again for smitty.

#23 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

It's a catch 22. His athletic ability would be extremely valuable to Cam, but his attitude could be detrimental.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Sounds like he's maturing.

#25 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Debatable. I think there attitudes would work together. Smith needs a guy to tell him the STFU sometimes and Cam has the Self-confidence to do that.

Edited by Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu, 10 May 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#26 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Sounds like he's maturing.

for the last two years he's said things that made us all go "wow he's totally getting it!" then proceeded to pout on the sidelines and be a negative asshole about the whole thing.

He sits by himself on the sidelines for a reason.

#27 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Debatable. I think there attitudes would work together. Smith needs a guy to tell him the STFU sometimes and Cam has the confidants to do that.

confidence

#28 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

On whether his house being on the market means he wants out of Carolina: "I think it's important that people realize I am not packing my bags. As far as why my house is for sale, we built this huge house and we just don't have any business living in it. It seemed like a great idea, and then we moved into this big house. We started cringing at all that space we had. For me, it was a little bit vain that I have this big house with this big yard. People saw my house was on sale and said it was me sending a message. Really the message I sent was to my kids: Dad made a mistake. This isn't how we are supposed to live. This isn't what I should be projecting. If we don't do this now, what incentive do I give my kids to reach for? You make a lot of money and then you go blow it? I don't want to be a statistic. I want to be a good steward.

One of the most mature things I have ever heard any NFL player say. Period.

#29 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

I mean if you were a pro bowl receiver getting to an age where sooner rather then later you will have to put up your cleats. You start to have games where you are dropping passes, the QB doesn't have any clue what he is doing, and you have an offensive coordinator that would probably be outcoached in highschool how would you react?

#30 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

He really didn't say anything in this interview (he evidently learned a lot about interviews from Fox), but I have a lot of respect for him actually addressing the issue and keeping all of the fans in the loop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.