Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith reaches out to PFW to address trade rumors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#106 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

I like the undertones of this article. This def gives me the impression that Smitty will stay

#107 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

i think it's also clear that the panthers aren't going to bend over backwards to try and make him happy. if he wants to be part of it, fine. if not, then they'll move him where ever they can find a home for him...and again..screw trying to put him with a team who are superbowl contenders. where ever they can get the most for him is where they need to send him if he isn't going to be happy. the $$$ he's received and the amount of fatheads and jersey's he's sold should be enough. he doesn't deserve a ring anymore than any other player does.

if he's fine with helping this team grow and if he thinks that this team can be competitive (which it can be with a new aggressive coaching staff and better play at QB) then cool. he isn't owed anything more than what he's gotten, though.

#108 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

I think its about 75/25 going/staying. I think Newton may helped us keep Smith.

#109 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

What will help Smitty stay is getting a proven veteran quarterback who can start day one. While the vet may be a placeholder for Newton in the future, he would make us a contender this year and raise the bar so that if Newton or Clausen started, they would be playing well instead of just being the best among several poor choices.

#110 nagai

nagai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

This is a great article. It at least gives me more hope that he will stay. I'll be fine whatever happens, but when Smitty is happy, good things happen to this organisation.

#111 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:31 AM

I love smitty to death but if he causes more drama than what he's worth, I'm sorry ship him out for some draft picks or another player of value. I rather the front office do it now, then later when he's not worth much.

#112 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

I think the fact that he is still under contract puts the ball in the Panthers court.I think it would be a sad day if Smith does not retire a Panther.I think he has still has value both as a receiver and a mentor.

I heard Steven Johnson( Bills receiver) on NFL total access say from a motivation standpoint he aspires to be like SSmith which I consider a compliment and an asset.He brings an intensity to the game which cannot be replaced.

Stay home Steve!

#113 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Steve Reed's Response:

http://www.carolinag...atid=1:articles