Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starscream

Hatred of Common by Republicans

138 posts in this topic

g5jamz is afraid of rap music/black people

this is what my failure of reading has lead me to believe as well... sad, actually

And there's the ignorant racist crap I started this whole s**t with.

I like some rap. And I'm not afraid of black people.

If you're trying to disprove the "choosing ignorance" part of my statement, you should step aside.

1 person likes this

this is what my failure of reading has lead me to believe as well... sad, actually

You honestly read that entire response and came away that all I care about is what he named his child.

I even failed to mention he made a reference to burning the prior president?

Are you really that farking stupid?

I even failed to mention he made a reference to burning the prior president?

So did Muse.

Rap does suck. I mean people really get grovin to that poo? Louis Armstrong said it best. They aint but two kinds of music. Good and bad.

i'm not stupid at all... i'm just enjoying sitting back and watching someone tear down a person on ONE SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION without knowing anything else

you've said so yourself that you have no desire to listen to anything he has to offer/say, but you're willing to take the piece of information you read off of a news article slamming him and run with it because it allows you to point out how dumb you think Obama is.

that alone pretty much discredits any argument you have imo

1 person likes this

Rap does suck. I mean people really get grovin to that poo? Louis Armstrong said it best. They aint but two kinds of music. Good and bad.

That's like, your opinion, man.

That's like, your opinion, man.

You are right. Ooops! Sorry to have given an opinion in the box.

I'm usually on g5jamz side here in the Tinderbox. I do not agree with your labeling him a racist. We just disagree on this issue. I do believe that the media/Republican party's outrage over Common's being invited to the White House probably started just because he is a "rapper", but I'm not calling anyone here a racist.

I'm usually on g5jamz side here in the Tinderbox. I do not agree with your labeling him a racist. We just disagree on this issue. I do believe that the media/Republican party's outrage over Common's being invited to the White House probably started just because he is a "rapper", but I'm not calling anyone here a racist.

He means well, and though we disagree a lot, I know he's not a racist.

In this case I simply believe he has simply swallowed what the Times said hook line and sinker. I'm sure if he knew more about the artist's body of work, his dislike of Common would be at least marginally tempered.