Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Cam Newton trains with IMG Madden Football QB gurus

110 posts in this topic

New to this board, but the stupidity of some people has already amazed me. Yeah, it is a bad thing to get tutored by 2 NFL QB's, one of which has experience running our OC's system. And name me one premier NFL QB who is coaching quarterbacks currently in the league. Thanks, that is all.

1 person likes this

To bad its a lie. Cam went to Maryland the Tuesday after the draft to be at the shareholders meeting of Under Armour.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-05-03/business/bs-bz-under-armour-annual-meeting-20110503_1_cam-newton-annual-meeting-t-shirt

They have this neat new invention you should look into Squirrel. They are called airplanes. True story. It appears that with these new machines you can travel great distances in a short amount of time making 1 day business trips a reality. :wink5:

Hey Im clarifying that he just didnt spend 48 hours at home and then went straight to training. It takes a good hour just to fly to Baltimore. Not hating but if they are going to try to make it look like all he is doing is training they better cover the whole schedule.

They have this neat new invention you should look into Squirrel. They are called airplanes. True story. It appears that with these new machines you can travel great distances in a short amount of time making 1 day business trips a reality. :wink5:

:lol: you dont have to tell me about airplanes I have been scheduling them for over 12 years. I know the whole ins and outs of how to get people somewhere as quick as possible. Even people bigger than Newton.

1 person likes this

I agree that not all coaches were good players. For the record. :beatdeadhorse5:

Just never been a fan of Weinke after the 1-15 season. I am just imagining how I would feel if Clausen was tutoring or next stud QB in 15 years.

Most "gifted" players make terrible coaches because they are unable to relate to players that aren't blessed with their talents/abilities. Having an intelligent, experienced person that can guide and advise you is a huge boost. While someone might have been a terrible at selling cars, they could also be very good with conveying sales techniques and helping others refine them.

Not only is Weinke a smart guy as Fiz points out he is a formal panther, he knows this organization to some extent. I think it's a great idea to have him teach Cam, there have been a lot of real successful coaches that were only average/decent players. I am glad Cam is working hard, and the Panther's need to supply him with whatever and whoever he wants and needs to succeed, he needs to be heavily invested in. I can't say I am too exited though, I want to see Cam working with his fellow players/coaches and this bullpoo lockout end.

Hey Im clarifying that he just didnt spend 48 hours at home and then went straight to training. It takes a good hour just to fly to Baltimore. Not hating but if they are going to try to make it look like all he is doing is training they better cover the whole schedule.

So you would rather the article say he got to hang home for 48 hours (which may have included that Sunday he took his mom to church), then took a brief trip to MD to have a meeting with Under Armor, and now he's at IMG? Would that have made you feel better?

The Draft was over April 30th. That article was written May 11th. I'm sure if you contact IMG they'll tell you exactly when he arrived there so that you can try and make another silly point about Cam.

Ken Dorsey was a good player, he just didn't have the athletic ability or arm strength to be a NFL quarterback. He is a student of the game. One of the main concerns about Cam has been that he won't be able to learn the verbage; well he is already learning Chud's verbage through Dorsey.

Doubt hes training with Favre.

i don't think thats really him.

Actually those phrases were spin offs of what I said, but thanks.

Agree. the funny thing is my ex wife was a PE teacher so I gave her hell all the time. Thanks for the memories.:D

1 person likes this

Guys, we hired Mike Shula as our QB coach... when was he a successful NFL QB?