• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I really would like to see one thread on here without grammar critiquing.. Christ it's football we're here for

#17 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

that's an awesome way to keep a team from ever winning a championship.

loyalty to a player over making the team better = fail

How in God's name does getting rid of Smitty make us better?

#18 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

getting rid of any player that wants to go is not only a great idea, it's the only option.

so, if he really wants a trade...you gotta trade him. If you cannot get someone to pick up the tab. And there is no bluffing here. You tell him he has to bust his ass this year and get his stock up and you try again later.

If he really wants to leave he will restructure his contract and if he is willing to do that there is nothing you can do positive with him as a Panther any longer.

#19 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

I really would like to see one thread on here without grammar critiquing.. Christ it's football we're here for

If you want to end a sentence with an ellipsis, you need to use four periods....

#20 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

He took a stab in the dark like he often does and was wrong. Now he is trying to twist Smiths words so not to look foolish.

That is exactly how I took it too. Smitty came out and basically refuted what Steve Reed said. In fact a week ago I had someone said "Steve Reed said Smitty told him personally that he wanted out of Carolina" This article says "3 Reliable Sources" Of course he cannot revel his sources. Saying Me, Myself and I would ruin his story.

Competitive situation. I believe our situation as a competitive as any. I think the Chudz offense ALONE makes us more competitive. Because I am of the believe our biggest problem last year wasn't Clausen it was Davidson.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,569 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

please stay smitty. we need you

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

We are a better team with Smitty. IMO.

debatable. if smith is on board and healthy, then yes we are. if he isn't then we need to move him out. just him wearing a panthers jersey doesn't make the team better.

how does keeping him here until he wants to retire make the team better?

it might make you like them more because a favorite player of yours is still there, but loyalty to players won't make the team better. he's not the same player he was a few years ago. he's not going to be someone who can dominate double or triple coverage again. he's never been able to stay healthy and that is only going to get worse (happens when you get older).

you look for an upgrade. thats what the team needs to be doing. trade him in for a younger and better model.

keeping players around that we like because we feel comfortable with them was fox's problem. that kept jake and foster around for too long and it's keeping kasay here for too long.

keeping players around until they retire doesn't do much of anything good for the team and it won't win any rings.

#23 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

that's an awesome way to keep a team from ever winning a championship.

loyalty to a player over making the team better = fail

So were making the team better if we trade away Smith for a 5th? Negative

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,584 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

So were making the team better if we trade away Smith for a 5th? Negative

if he's going to be an ass then just cutting him would be better for the team. don't need that attitude.

addition by subtraction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.