Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Will Obama live up to campaign promise?

23 posts in this topic

No, he should have said: "Everything I am telling you know, means nothing when I am in office."

Isn't that assumed? Or do you hold dems to a higher standard?

Isn't that assumed? Or do you hold dems to a higher standard?

:D Uh, no. I certainly do not hold Dems to a higher standard. I assumed everything Obama said, and says, is 99% B.S.

Just like a few weeks ago when I heard Obama say his stimulus plan would get the workers at Caterpillar their jobs back. I immediately thought, bullshit Barry, how can you say that? Here is the transcript:

Obama said: "Yesterday, Jim, the head of Caterpillar, said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off. And that's a story I'm confident will be repeated at companies across the country," Obama said.

:D Not so fast Mr. Obama.

After Obama's speech, Owens (CEO of Cat) said, "That's one of the things I wanted to clarify because I don't want false expectations: If we sign this stimulus bill, that doesn't mean we can start hiring right away." The 22,000 layoffs would still happen -- and probably more.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1428346,obama-speaks-caterpillar-east-peoria-021209.article

So does that mean Obama lied, or the Caterpillar guy?

So does that mean Obama lied, or the Caterpillar guy?

As George Costanza once said: "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Coooooooooostanza.

No, he should have said: "Everything I am telling you know, means nothing when I am in office."

Anyone who believes that a candidate will fulfill even half of his campaign promises should just stay home on election day.

Anyone who believes that a candidate will fulfill even half of his campaign promises should just stay home on election day.

Never said I believed Obama would come close to fulfilling half of what he promised. He promised so much to so many, who could keep track. Just tell me where the line for the free poo starts.

Never said I believed Obama would come close to fulfilling half of what he promised. He promised so much to so many, who could keep track. Just tell me where the line for the free sh*t starts.

Free shirts line starts over there. :)

Just to be clear, I believe that all politicians make promises based on who they are talking to. And its not there fault, its ours. We don't want to hear a politician tell the truth. Had Obama said "look I will do the best I can, but I will not be able to fix everything" then he would not have won. Same with the republicans as well. We as a people, want to be lied to.

Free shirts line starts over there. :)

Just to be clear, I believe that all politicians make promises based on who they are talking to. And its not there fault, its ours. We don't want to hear a politician tell the truth. Had Obama said "look I will do the best I can, but I will not be able to fix everything" then he would not have won. Same with the republicans as well. We as a people, want to be lied to.

Sorry, I am a truth hurts kind of guy. However, I do fancy it when my wife tells me I'm not that fat.