Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SirPanther

I Need An MLB Team

54 posts in this topic

Might as well be a Cincinnati Reds fan, we just swept the hated Cards and are in control of the division once again.

Reds season ticket holder since '85

1 person likes this

You can join me rooting for the Cubs.

Misery loves company.

After doing some research and thinking I've decided that I am going to be a San Francisco Giants fan. I never even considered the Yankees or Red Sox. Like KP30 said pulling for those 2 teams is like jumping on the Cowboys bandwagon. It's hard to say no to the Braves since they're so close and most of my family are Braves fans but I just can't pull for a team based in Atlanta. Their attendance is always horrible too which tells you a lot about their fans.

The Giants have a great fan base from what I've read as well as a great ballpark. I love that it sits right on the water. Brian Wilson is such a bad ass and Tim Lincecum is one of the best young pitchers in the game. Some might say I'm just jumping on their bandwagon because they won the world series last year but I just feel like this is the team I should pull for.

I plan on sticking with them through thick and thin. Just like I have with the Panthers for most of my life (I'm only 20). So yeah thanks for the help and advice guys.

Go Giants!

Not a bad choice.....good research and reasoning behind it I suppose.

I personally think you should have went with the Braves though since you would get to watch and know the team much easier than a team on the West coast. The Braves also need and deserve more support than what they get although they had a good crowd this weekend with the Phillies in town. At least on TV it seemed like most of them were actually Braves fans also.

cleveland indians.

SF Giants, you are jumping on the bandwagon.

Not a bad choice.....good research and reasoning behind it I suppose.

I personally think you should have went with the Braves though since you would get to watch and know the team much easier than a team on the West coast. The Braves also need and deserve more support than what they get although they had a good crowd this weekend with the Phillies in town. At least on TV it seemed like most of them were actually Braves fans also.

I thought about it for a few hours but I just couldn't commit to being a Braves fan. Maybe it's the Panthers fan in me that just won't allow me to pull for a team in Atlanta, New Orleans or Tampa Bay.

I was a braves fan before the panthers were born.

I was a braves fan before the panthers were born.

Why did you stop pulling for the Braves?

Who said I stopped?

Sorry, I've picked my team and I'm sticking with them.

Enjoy their two more years of success. It's gonna be short lived.;)

• Topics

•     Now don't take this the wrong way, but....are you two nuts? Now, if the kid didn't have those injury issues, maybe I can get on board. But man, those petite WRs with injury issues in college? Those guys scare the living poo outta me.   Now get me a Ross clone and I'm on board. Someone for the slot that could actually, you know, scare a Defense. Now that would tickle my giddy like nobodies bidness.
    • IMO, it is obvious, to me anyhow, that the kid has matured. He has taken heat for standing up for what he believes, and has done it the right way. No snarky comments to the press. Keeping his head down, and working toward a goal. He has brought to light injustices not only in our country, but in others as well. His foundation just contributed over a million and a half dollars to the Simolian relief effort.   All that is admirable to be sure. And he can play football as well, or better, than enough QBs to earn himself a shot at a job.   It is not the football side of his life that is keeping him off teams. Almost every team hates distractions. It is just how it is. And Kaep is a walking distraction at this point in time.   I would like to add that another thought could be that at this point in FA, no one is being signed. OK, maybe a better way to put that is, FA spending has slowed considerably.   If teams head to Training Camp and he is still unemployed. Then I may start believing in conspiracies.
    • lol lol lol fahey watched every snap of every game and graded the quarterbacks as he saw it. kaepernick is a fine game manager who was let down repeatedly by perhaps the shittiest set of skill position players in the league and oh yeah he can run like the wind. you've got to be pretty stupid to think this is anything but a quarterback starved league blackballing a serviceable quarterback all because he had the audamndacity to protest racism in america and tbh i've not seen one post itt that would cause me to even begin to question that.